A Drum Corps/ Marching Band Show Simulator

Just wondering....would it be possible to combine a drillwriting program and music writing program and something along the lines of the video game Madden and have a program to be able to simulate shows with music and actually be able to have your own "Show-Maker"

Because if some company would be willing to undertake this task I can tell you I certainly would be willing to buy it

Also, it could let you design the corps uniforms and work out the guard manuevers and it would be possible to transfer midi files and possibly have recordings of actual sounds of the notes so midi would change to the real thing. *edit* and you would be able to choose the amount of horns, pit, and guard you have.

But would the be possible or would the cost be just too high?

Edited by Huntington Mallets

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think many people on this website, would be willing to pay several hundred dollars... if you were able to design a show and have a video of it... it would do a lot to designing a show in the real life... (that software is more than a couple hundred by the way)

I was thinking from a video game perspective... you know, something fun but not a lot of work (relative to writing a real show). Something that would be useful for actually designing a show though? Yeah people would be willing to pay for it. Find a way to combine notation and drill software and charge, say, 50% more than what one of those cost individually, and you are in business.

edit: Actually, I think the price should be the same as for Finale or DrillQuest or whatever. The benefit will come because you are tapping into two markets (drillwriters and arrangers).

Edited by boilerman_05

You could use software similar to the Total War video games.

Pick your units, Sops, Tubas, etc..... Then place them into the framework of a drillwriting program. Then use the battlefield mapping camera to see how moves look from any angle and how different forms are effected by bell sizes, etc..... Add a soundtrack program to use with the composer's midi files and voila. There's your program.

I'll leave my address later so you can mail the royalties.........

-Travis

I've wondered what it would be like to program a text-based band/corps simulator, as a purely entertainment-oriented experience. Putting in some graphics wouldn't be impossible either, but I personally don't have the knowledge base to deal with such things.

There's no way that this would ever come to place. The market is not big enough.

Personally, I'd love to see EA put out a drum corps version of their sports games... DCI 2006 they'd call it, or something... right?

I'd imagine sections have stats, or individual players, or techs/caption heads etc... you could make your own of the same (like making football players in madden).

That would be hilarious. But I would buy it.

I seem to remember someone on here tossing this idea out maybe a year or year and a half ago... It was going to be very similar to Madden, as far as I recall. They had started the framework for creating the game, and were looking for input as far as corps names, character designs, etc.

Never heard anything past the preliminary planning stages.