Cavaliers feather and mute

A cavalier keeps dropping a feather and mute on the field.. And I think it's on purpose!

In San antonio he dropped a feather and mute , and it seemed almost on purpose. Yet no cavalier was without a feather.

Then I drove to dallas the next day for the Denton show, and I watched him this time. It was like he was fumbling around in his jacket, and he just " tossed" the feather and mute on the ground , near the same place...

I am just wondering... Why? :0

GO MACHINE

Last time I saw the show, they were singing nasally (like, "waaah waaah waaaahhh").. but they also had a portion of that section that was played by muted trumpets...

Did you see kazoos.. or just hear them?

A cavalier keeps dropping a feather and mute on the field.. And I think it's on purpose!

In San antonio he dropped a feather and mute , and it seemed almost on purpose. Yet no cavalier was without a feather.

Then I drove to dallas the next day for the Denton show, and I watched him this time. It was like he was fumbling around in his jacket, and he just " tossed" the feather and mute on the ground , near the same place...

I am just wondering... Why? :0

GO MACHINE

they are leaving it on the field at a strategic placement on the field where other corps do a difficult drill move and it is their hope that a member will trip on the feather and crack his head open on the mute.

:P

yeah i was there and i saw it. but i wasnt sure what it was. now i know it was a feather. i didnt see the mute. i guess i was to high in the stands to see it. and yeah i saw them reach for their mutes but didnt see one fall.

on a similar note, one of the corps right before the cavies had a memeber drop a shoe. dont remember who though. and a judge picked it up i think.

I have seen the Cavies show like 3 times now and each time there has been at least one mute on the ground. Have a feeling they are missing the little pouch when either placing it back in or don't get a hold of it good. I did see one member without his feather in his hat. I am almost wondering if it is coming out when they are sitting on the ground doing the conveyor belt thing.

Saw a Bluecoats member without his hat and and the judge picked that up. Also one of the contras strap had come out of his pocket while he was marching. He was able to get it back in though at one point, otherwise I was thinking that was an accident waiting to be happening.

Bluecoats have had problems with the straps coming loose, even in Indy before they added that "connecting" feature to their show. I also saw a dropped hat in Battle Creek, thank god a judge was able to get to it before someone got hurt. Heh, I kept thinking, what would it be like to be next to that guy during a set, you look over, and he's missing a hat. Would you be distracted throughout the rest of the show, wondering what happened??