Where should I march?

:) I think in that specific instance.. well.. maybe.. :diva: -- but mostly, no.. I don't think it's bad at all. You're looking for a home.. a good fit.. I don't think they'd hold that against you.

You may run into a problem where a corps may require you to attend multiple auditions (you make the cut and are invited back.. then you don't show.. might not work in your favor).. or the issue of audition camps being on the same weekends.

I know Cavaliers already have information on their site about auditions.. they typically have two major audition weekends.. November and December.. and I know some kids come to both.. some go to the first.. some go to the second.. if a kid is invited back, he will usually attend both (since many returning vets come back for the 2nd audition camp -- it usually falls on banquet weekend).. and auditionees get ranked at each camp.

I'm not sure how Regiment's auditions are run.

Thanks for the info on the cavies camp situation.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scouts might be an interesting option, as well. Always have a challenging brass book, and some fantastic mello lines have gone through there (i might be just slightly biased :P ) The visual book promises to be quite challenging under Rosander.

Again, it can't be stressed enough to choose a corps that you will fit well with. Talk to anyone you might know that has marched some of these big D1 corps to find out what tour life is like, as it will vary greatly from corps to corps. Finally, visit as many camps and tryouts as you can, as you will get a first-hand taste of the respective corps in these situations. Good luck in your search and in 2007. I envy you youngin's :)

So far, most people think that I should march Crusaders. I don't know too much about the Crusaders despite status as a "local". Many are mentioning their rich history - could someone elaborate. I'd like to know more about the history of the BAC.

There were founded in 1940... were a powerhouse in the old drum corps before DCI... with VFW and the other one... were consistently in the top 5... once DCI came around, it kinda fell apart... they wanted to stick with the old ways, but weren't a fan to the judges... they were able to make it through long periods of hardships and dropping numbers in membership... they never folded and always fielded a corps every year... then in 1999 they finally made it into finals the first time in DCI history... then the rest is history..

One benefit of auditioning for the Cavaliers and (hopefully) making it is that you then become a Cavalier. The eternal fraternal relationships have engendered lifelong friendships. I live in San Antonio, and this past weekend I had four different Cavaliers from 3 different decades staying at my house. You end up with "brothers" everywhere.

how hard is it to get into phantom....i saw them this year and absolutly loved them......im marching div 2 this year and next year ( mom doesnt want me missing like two months of school for div 1) so when i get into college in the fall of 07 which will be the 08 yr for DC i really want to audition for PR....will marching another year of div 2 help my chances??

i also play baritone