color guard champions

Right? IMHO the BD lines whose clarity could have competed for the title would have been 1999 & 2001.

The 1999 snareline is probably the best BD snareline since kevlar came on the scene, the difficultly of that book with the level of execution those dudes were achieving was pretty sick. I wouldn't base my opinion from the DVD's. The snare feature sounds pretty thick however I had the opprutunity to hear the judge's tape from finals night, amazing performace from the entire section. Jay Webb just felt the Cavailers came through that night.

yup.. and you remember what place BD drums got that night compared to all season long? <**>

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most amazing quad line I've seen was 1993 Cadets, 1997 Blue Devils, 2005 Cadets

Agreed. 93 Cadets.... my favorite tenor line ever.

Agreed. 93 Cadets.... my favorite tenor line ever.

Most top tenor players couldn't play that feature standing still, those guys were on the ####### move!

If i remember correctly wasent Sal Sales the caption head for Spirit back in the day???? how many wins has he had ....?

On quad lines, if we are talking most notes with the best achievment of clarity I would have to still go with Devs 01. Outside of DCI, University of North Texas 1996 is probably the best tenor line to grace God's green earth. In my absent mindness I forgot to mention tenor geru Bill Bachman's lines at Blue Coats, more specificly 97 & 98. Also check out 1994 Cadets (Bill marched that year as well as in UNT 1996). Going on with the list 1997 & 1995 Devils were two of the Q5's greatest. Also check out SCV 1992 and 2005 tenor ensembles. People mention Cadets 1993 alot, I'm not trying to bash anybodys picks becaust it's all opinion really but when it comes to amount of notes AND clarity I don't think they stack up to other Cadets tenor lines not to mention other great DCI lines. They were only playing some scrapes, something any profeciant quad drummer should be able to do...

UNT 1996 - Best Tenor Line EVER

Blue Coats 1997 Break

Blue Coats 1998 Break

Blue Coats 1998 I&E - Short & Sweet

2005 SCV Tenor I&E

1997 Devils - Slick

1995 Devils - Notes!

1994 Charlie Poole Judges Tape - Quads were on that night!

Right? IMHO the BD lines whose clarity could have competed for the title would have been 1999 & 2001.

The 1999 snareline is probably the best BD snareline since kevlar came on the scene, the difficultly of that book with the level of execution those dudes were achieving was pretty sick. I wouldn't base my opinion from the DVD's. The snare feature sounds pretty thick however I had the opprutunity to hear the judge's tape from finals night, amazing performace from the entire section. Jay Webb just felt the Cavailers came through that night.

2001 Quads & Snares

I think Chuck King was judging percussion that night, not Jay Webb. That's why Mr. King is not a big favorite in BD land.

If i remember correctly wasent Sal Sales the caption head for Spirit back in the day???? how many wins has he had ....?

Sal came to Spirit as our Visual Designer in 83 but was not necessarily our CG Caption Head. He was instrumental in getting Scott Chandler as our CG Caption Head starting in 1984.