"Coltrin & Associates" DCI Southeastern Championship?

I wonder if it wouldn't be more beneficial to have corporations sponsor individual drum corps instead of events. I suppose that wouldn't be as appealing to the beancounters at those corporations, though.

I guess they would be happy if every event was labeled with a corporation's name in front of it. That's good for the bottom line. I hate what it has done to things like the college football bowl games, even though nobody is refusing the money that comes from it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First Federal Blue Stars...

Not only the Blue Stars, but didn't Dutch Boy and Pioneer both take their names from early corporate sponsors? And of course, without the Cook Group, we'd never have had the Star of Indiana. I agree -- bring on the sponsors!

Not only the Blue Stars, but didn't Dutch Boy and Pioneer both take their names from early corporate sponsors?

Don't forget the Railmen, who wore their sponsor's logo on their chest and stuck it on their bass drums.