Why can't people just be humble?

You DO know that George played snare with....the Crossmen.

I can't believe this thread is still going on or that I'm posting to it!

LOL about the previously chewed food!

Piper, yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd know a Maltese Cross if he fell over one. After all he WORE one. If he didn't have some loyalty to Crossmen, then why did he willingly take on their debts?

The correct answer to that is NOT "an expansion of some YEA! evil empire" ..... it's because the corps that he marched in was in bad shape financially for many years before YEA! and really it came down to either the YEA! merger or folding.

Now with YEA!, the Crossmen kids have three healthy meals a day (and snacks and Crossmen cake), buses that are reliable, AND have a/c on the buses that works! And they get to perform on horns that aren't held together with tape!

Personally, I am still just happy to be able to cheer for my corps year in and year out- there are many people who aren't that lucky.

As for the red headed stepchild thing, or to think that the corps isn't getting "just as good _____ as the Cadets"- anyone who really believes that needs to go volunteer for the weekend at a Crossmen rehearsal next year and see how things are first hand.

Whether or not the corps could stand on its own financially now ten years later is a good question. I don't think any of us here are qualified to answer that, and probably anyone that does have the numbers and could do the financial projections are probably on tour.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember hearing that the Crown/Boston/Magic deals with YEA were never intended to be permanent, YEA just handled some of the administration things and all the corps got to have a mass audition where kids could try out for more than one corps at the same time. This was actually probably a big help for a lot of kids because if they auditioned for the Cadets and weren't ready for that corps there were 4 other corps that the staffs could direct them to, all at different levels at that time. Did that result in some corps just getting the leftovers? I wasn't around during that time but I doubt it based on the number of people at the YEA audition camps these days that come just to audition for Crossmen.

I was unable to find a source for these statements in order to document them to the afforementioned standard, I apologize to anyone that gets mad at me for not "backing up my statement"