Pacific Crest back Tonight

So Pacific Crest is back in competition tonight for the first time since July 14 (I think).

Has anyone seen (or heard) anything about their work/changes/improvements since then?

Score/placement predictions after the long layoff??

Edit: High so far was a 74.60 on July 14 (last show). That would currently put them in about 19th. But that was a long time ago. It's not much of a stretch to think that they could be above Southwind by now in 17th. Is it possible that in this time they will have cleaned/improved enough to join the Blue Stars/Crossmen/Capital Reg mix??

Edited by Liam

I figure they will come in where they left right near mandarins. this would put them in a fight with mandarins and southwind for the 17th spot.

Let's hope they get a chance to perform...the show has already been backed up 30 minutes because of the excessive heat. I don't think 30 minutes will help PC that much...it's still going to be hot as haedes.

After watching their scores from the Cali shows, they seemed to be swapping places with Mandarins. I would put them within a point either way of Mandarins. Part of their score may reflect whether they have had lots of extra rehearsal time, or whether that was down time for the corps.

One thing that kind of surprises me is they are in Virginia tonight. I thought the reason they didn't do San Antonio and Atlanta is to avoid all the travel costs, but going to Pennsylvania isn't much less distance for the corps to travel, and since they were coming that far anyway, wouldn't it have benefitted them to perform in SA and Atlanta? Just kind of wondering.

Love their music this year, and can't wait to see them perform during finals week.

Edited by gottalovit

Yeah, I was bummed they didn't do Atlanta. I think it would have been to their benefit to be at that Regional and I can't imagine the travel costs being too much more for a few more days on the road.

But I would expect them to fall right around the Mandarins/Southwind mix.

I LOVE their show, and I really hope that I get to see the full thing at the Quarterfinals Broadcast!

I LOVE their show, and I really hope that I get to see the full thing at the Quarterfinals Broadcast!

I don't know about where you are, but in Southern California, at least, there have been problems in the past with theaters not opening their doors even after the cinecast has begun, which meant that people could hear drum corps from outside the theater but weren't allowed in to see it. I don't know why this is. Specifically, I'm thinking of San Diego, but I wouldn't be surprised if it'd happened elsewhere as well. Since PC is likely to go on very early, if not first, if I were you I'd get there well ahead of time and/or speak to the manager before the event so that he/she knows what the deal is. Very frustrating for the fans, as you can imagine....

oh wow, that's amazing.

I have been to different theaters for the Classic Countdown and Quarterfinals, all in DFW area, and never had a problem.

Sound was great, started on time, only minor minor glitches in the satelite feed, but never missed a corps

What is the current rule regarding performance order for Quarterfinals? I know a couple of years ago PC had to go on first because they didn't perform in enough of the regionals that were averaged to determine performance order. Or something like that. Would that be the case again this year, or have they changed the criteria to something that PC might qualify for to be in their "normal" spot?

Edited by Liam

i was curious why they weren't at Atlanta, i thought for sure they would be there but.. to no avail