Over the last couple of decades

With finals being next week, and several placements still very much in question, which corps do you think over the years have made the most improvements in their show from Thurday to Saturday night? This has nothing to do with their scores or placements from the judges, but from what you have seen on the field.

Personally I think Cavies, Cadets, BD, Bluecoats and SCV seem to make the most of their Saturday night performances.

Corps that just seem to stay level during finals week seem to be Crown, Crusaders, Scouts, Crossmen, and Spirit

Corps that almost seem to lose steam during finals week include Colts, Phantom(except 96 and 03), Glassmen, and Blue Knights

These are just my opinions from what I have observed over the last 19 seasons. Just wondering who you think fits where as far as finals week performances go.

With finals being next week, and several placements still very much in question, which corps do you think over the years have made the most improvements in their show from Thurday to Saturday night? This has nothing to do with their scores or placements from the judges, but from what you have seen on the field.

Personally I think Cavies, Cadets, BD, Bluecoats and SCV seem to make the most of their Saturday night performances.

Corps that just seem to stay level during finals week seem to be Crown, Crusaders, Scouts, Crossmen, and Spirit

Corps that almost seem to lose steam during finals week include Colts, Phantom(except 96 and 03), Glassmen, and Blue Knights

These are just my opinions from what I have observed over the last 19 seasons. Just wondering who you think fits where as far as finals week performances go.

Not sure about Regiment losing steam over the last 19 years (kind of an odd number). I assume you are going back to 1987, and if that is the case, then this is the verdict:

1987: Yes, Regiment fell to 5th from 3rd place, so chalk that one as a "minus."

1988: Stayed pretty much the same.

1989: Semis (96.9), Finals (98.4). Definitely "brought it" on Finals night. "Plus."

1990: Semis, 6th place, Finals, 4th place. "Plus."

1991: Semis, 4th place, Finals: 3rd place. "Plus."

1992: Semis, 6th place, Finals: 8th place. Definite fall. "Minus."

1993: Semis (94.9), Finals (96.2), we brought it that night. "Plus."

1994: Semis (95.7), Finals (96.2): An improvement, though slight, so we won't count it.

1995: Semis/Finals: Stayed the same.

1996: Don't really have to discuss this, do I? "Plus."

1997: Semis/Finals: Stayed the same.

1998: 9th place in Qtrs, 8th place tie with BK at Semis, moved up a little during Finals. "Plus."

1999: Semis/Finals stayed the same.

2000: Quarters, 8th place, Semis/Finals: 7th place. "Plus"

2001: Qtrs, Semis, Finals : All about the same.

2002: Pretty much the same throughout, BAC caught up with them, so we'll count it as a "minus."

2003: 5th, moved up to 4th: "Plus."

2004: Stayed the same.

2005: Stayed the same.

So, that's a total of 8 plusses, versus only three "minuses." The numbers don't really bear out your assumption...in fact, it makes it seem like Regiment actually does better during the final week more often than not. Now, since everyone has a different set ot tastes, it's hard to tell how a corps really does when you observe them...people who like a corps will often say they did much better, people who don't will say they did worse. The only thing we have to go by is the scores and the placement.

Edited by The Tsar

The focus shouldn't necessarily be on that thursday - as it should be on the week of intense rehearsal that preceeds it. The Cadets and SCV are traditional choices for the amount of work they get done (I think PR might fall in there somewhere, but that could just be personal bias).