I can't wait for the Div. II Wow Moment!

If everyone remembers last year Bluestars were the up and coming corps that was going to rule div.II and we all know what happened to them. You can talk the talk but you must walk the walk! Good luck to all the div. II & III corps this upcoming week of championships.

Exactly right. Nothing happened last night. Nothing at all. The truth is, and has been from the beginning of the season, that the Corps that performs the best on the 12th will be declared the Champions. Which is great news for the Corps and the fans.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definition of FINALS?

DCI World Championships in Div II in Madison, WI will Consists of Prelims, Semis, and FINALS.

I would hazard a guess that no Arizona Corps has survived beyond Prelims? Should the ACADEMY, as anticipated, march through prelims, and Semis... wouldn't they by "definition" be the first Arizona Corps to make it to DCI DIV II FINALS.

OFF TOPIC: Sorry! HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE:

Weather Channel predicts high, 30-60 percent chance of showers and/T-storms forecast for Madison THROUGHOUT! Tuesday through Friday. Seeing that all competitions will be played on same field, percentage is high for delays and/or massive Div I, II, III show run overs. What is the contingency plan to resolve this stormy situation? Is Sunday used as a safeguard in worse case scenerio? Perhaps a serperate thread with all the details would better serve the DCP Community and those headed for Madison.

With raincoat in hand, Please Advise.

GO ACADEMY! Rain or Shine, I'm hoping to see first Arizona Corps to medal in finals. CHEERS!

"The litany of competitive drum corps in Arizona is comparatively small: Sunset Regiment ('79-'89), Arizona Musketeers ('83-'87) and Arizona Sun ('91-'92)."

Quoted from:

http://www.drumcorpsworld.com/articles.cfm?ID=479

As far as I know, none of those corps made finals in any class, so Academy likely will be the first finalist from Arizona.

One slight inaccuracy on the list above... Sunset Regiment competed through the 1990 season.

As far as I know, none of those corps made finals in any class, so Academy likely will be the first finalist from Arizona.

One slight inaccuracy on the list above... Sunset Regiment competed through the 1990 season.

I can't imagine Academy not making Finals. They are clearly an upper tier Corps in Div 2, and it is difficult for a Div 2 Corps not make it to finals. I've never doubted or questioned their talent. I've just never seen DCI crown a Champion in June, and didn't think I was seeing it this year, but I think it is clear that Arizona will enjoy their greatest success to date in DCI.

The future for all of Div 2 is getting brighter. For my $$, and I went to both finals last year, the best bang for your buck is Div 2/3 Finals. Anything can and, usually does, happen.

Almost forgot, far fewer amps and vocals.

Edited by DCI_Dadx2

academy uses amps (which i generally don't like)

academy uses amps WELL to generate more musical effect (which i do like)

academy uses amps (which i generally don't like)

academy uses amps WELL to generate more musical effect (which i do like)

I can live with pit-only amps. Won't say I prefer them, but have learned to live with them. Cannot for the life of me remember the Corps, but last season one of the D1 corps had a squeaky chair for the timpanist. EVERY squeak came through loud and clear. It was like the rattle in a car. I missed the rest of their show.

for the style of music they're performing, several auxiliary percussion instruments add to the musical texture wonderfully, but would only be effectively heard through amps. it made me sad when i first saw them being set up, but once i heard the effects, nice stuff.

• 6 months later...

Nice to see such lively discussion of Arizona corps. I am new to the state, living in Phoenix now, and a veteran of one wonderful summer marching class a/a-60 (think I just aged myself) . In 86, I marched with the 20th Maine Regiment and played baritone. That summer is still the best one of my life. Hard to believe it's been over 20 years now.... so sad we had to fold in 87. The 20th is discussed at length in a few of the other forums, so i won't rehash it all here.

I was wondering however, if anyone thinks a senior corps would be viable in the greater phoenix area ? or simply an alumni cirps or organization ? Has anyone thought about this subject ? I would love to get actively involved in corps again, even thought i'm a lot older and way more broken down. :P If anyone has any ideas or info on the subject. please feel free to respond.

Thank you

Dave Ham

I can live with pit-only amps. Won't say I prefer them, but have learned to live with them.

This is about how I feel.