Quarterfinals in Theaters: "top 17"?

Quarterfinals includes all Div 1 corps, and it looks like it starts @ 2:30 Central. Looking at my theater ticket, it says that it starts at 5PM Central. I guess I didn't notice the ad that says "see the top 17 corps". I know there's some kind of averaging formula that is used to order the corps for quarterfinals, but I think it's too bad that while everyone is performing on Thursday, only the last 17 are part of the theater broadcast - and more the 17 are worth seeing. It seems like they want it to be a Semi-finals broadcast, but since theaters would probably never give up a theater on Friday, we essentially get Semi-finals on Thursday. I wonder if it just costs too much to broadcast all of quarterfinals?

Will the live stream via Season Pass on Thursday be everyone?

Will the live stream via Season Pass on Thursday be everyone?

The Season Pass stream will only be for Semis, IIRC.

Well, here's what happened to us last year:

I don't know if anyone had this experience, but we got there an HOUR early (yeah, sick, I know) It was really crowded the year before so I wanted to get great seats. We walked in and Esperanza was live on the screen! (Ithink they were 21st). So we watched four corps before the official telecast started! It was great because Rondo & Co. were goofing around doing sound checks and telling jokes. It was a blast. Other patrons started filing into our theater and saying "How long has THIS been going on?" Oh about an hour. "WHAT?????"

So my advice is GET THERE EARLY! You might be surprised.

The Season Pass stream will only be for Semis, IIRC.

Ah, "Live Stream Via Satellite" meant the theater showing. :P They need to word that better. :blink: