Best Ballad?

Best Ballad  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following, which is your favorite ballad?

• Phantom Regiment 2003 "Sanctus"
    • Phantom Regiment 2003 "Lord's Prayer"
    • The Cadets 2005 "Dancer in the Dark"
    • The Cadets 2006 "The Garden" ("Sanvean")
    • Santa Clara Vanguard 2000 "Adagio for Strings"
    • Boston Crusaders 2000 "Time to Say Goodbye"
    • The Cadets 2001 "Vide Cor Meum"
    • Phantom Regiment 1993 "Fire of Eternal Glory"
    • Southwind 2000 "Legends"
    • Carolina Crown 2005 "Angel"
    • Phantom Regiment 2006 "Ave Maria"
    • The Cavaliers 2004 "?"
    • Other

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, I'm biased ... but the Bluecoats 2002 version of "Dancer in the Dark" was a better arrangement than Cadets 2005 (probably not performance, but arrangement - Go Doug!!).

And if you get the chance, find the original of this year's Bluecoats ballad, "My Heart and I" (La Piovra) by Andrea Griminelli ... outstanding -- Sting sings it, it is absolutely beautiful and the Bluecoats certainly do it justice!!!

But for this list, I voted for PR 93's "Fire of Eternal Glory," which if you didn't see that in person at Finals in Jackson, you missed possibly THE most emotionally intense drum corp moment of ALL TIME!!! (PR's entire show that night was simply amazing ... with Madison 95 in Buffalo a close second).

Edited by BlueR36

1993 Phantom (Fire of Eternal Glory) is my pick, but let's not forget another fantastic ballad from that year-

Cadets (When Kings Go Off to War) - start show at 7:05 mark and sit back and enjoy!

In terms of overall design. Cadets 2005 is the best in the list. The Human chess match including (in the drill) a pawn, two chess board squares and a full out chess board complete with players.

The whole production is a battle between the black and white with the White Queen winning. The big hit set is 2 swords to show the battle. The school girl is a princess because the princess is a character left out in chess. Also, she ends up playing chess with the characters.

The drumline throws down. No other ballad has a drum line playing so many notes and it being so musical.

This ballad also has a great deal to deal with the show. Some of those other ballads are just songs that were added to the shows.

Cadets 2005 is the best ballad

Mike