The Eastern Classic...ALLENTOWN TONIGHT

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question...why has Allentown always split up the top corps over two nights?

I'm not sure what the official reason is, but I kind of like that they do that. It makes the last couple weeks of the season more exciting since not everyone competes all in one show.....keeps a little suspense around.

Here's a question...why has Allentown always split up the top corps over two nights?

The three "M's" of real life - Make More Money.

I'm not sure what the official reason is, but I kind of like that they do that. It makes the last couple weeks of the season more exciting since not everyone competes all in one show.....keeps a little suspense around.

One show for the price of two tickets.

Also, I don't understand the suspense part since it's the same panel/same venue, albeit on two nights. It seems that it is still basically a head-to-head even for the corps that perform on the different nights.

ALSO (and this is hard to believe for me) ther is only nine days - including tonight - until the end of the season. It seems like it should be a "couple of weeks" more!

I think it makes more sense having the Allentown shows earlier in the season, because here a week before finals I know I'm looking for a match-up against the corps in the running for the title. I know you can compare both the nights to get that kind of result but I want the suspense! I agree though that the main reason for it is the money.

Edited by cavaliers2287

oh yeah? ask the members of 27 and Blue Devils if there was any suspense left after DCI east in 1980.