New Regional Attendance Record

From DCI.org:

Final attendance figures have been calculated from the July 29, Coltrin & Associates DCI Southeastern Championship in Atlanta, Ga. The paid attendance of 15,831 establishes a new official attendance record for a Drum Corps International major regional event, eclipsing the previous record of 14,089, set just a year ago in San Antonio, Texas.

Who would've ever guessed??? While watching and listening to the live video streaming, the collective opinion on this board was that there were 10, maybe 12, people in attendance.

From DCI.org:

Final attendance figures have been calculated from the July 29, Coltrin & Associates DCI Southeastern Championship in Atlanta, Ga. The paid attendance of 15,831 establishes a new official attendance record for a Drum Corps International major regional event, eclipsing the previous record of 14,089, set just a year ago in San Antonio, Texas.

Who would've ever guessed??? While watching and listening to the live video streaming, the collective opinion on this board was that there were 10, maybe 12, people in attendance.

I was there, you should have asked me......I'm definately not in the collective I guess b/c it was jammed in the Dome on that night. A great show.

I would just like to know which 4 finals night shows it beat!!! :laugh:

If I remember correctly, Miami in '83 only had about 13,000 in attendance. Two years before in Montreal, they'd had 36,000 for Finals.

Guess location does matter... :P

If I remember correctly, Miami in '83 only had about 13,000 in attendance. Two years before in Montreal, they'd had 36,000 for Finals.

35,947 is what they put on the scoreboard in 1981.