Crown to Reherse in RCA Dome/IU Stadium

From the crown website,

"Please note that Carolina Crown will be rehearsing at IU Stadium in Bloomington on Monday Aug 7th and at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis on Tuesday Aug 8th."

Talk about getting in the big places to get some cleaning done

edit... i can't belive i screwed up the title

Edited by Max Plays Music

Indiana University's Memorial Stadium would be a dream for cleaning drill.

The main side of the stadium shoots straight up into heaven (it has a press box angle that you wouldnt believe) which serves for a great vantage point for looking at a visual program.

It also has turf. Good turf.

I'm sure the university would not mind renting it out to more corps (or even for a show) as the football program's lackluster performance of late (i.e. last decade) has left the athletic department rather strapped for cash.

Dont know how a double post happened. :worthy:

Edited by shostahoosier

Crown usually hits Memorial Stadium at least once or twice a season. It is a great place to clean. Spent many an hour in there myself. Somebody needs to get at least one contest back in that place. Mid-America Regional had some awesome crowds. The Dome on the other hand. Bleck!!! At least it is cool and dry. You should try doing ensemble in there when the field isn't in place, ie. bare concrete floor. Can you say echo?

The Star Alumni Association got them in Memorial last year and made an outing of it. With so many Star alums on staff, Crown is followed closely by our membership.

Wow! That might just be worth another drive down to Bloomington.

Any word on if they're having open rehearsals?

Edited by Galen

Ditto on that Mike! Many a good and VERY hot day was spent in Memorial Stadium both helping visual as well as ensemble. Yikes on the RCA dome and hope that is a visual cleaning day and not ensemble!!!

I remember the show we did at Memorial Stadium in '91 -- arguably the best performance experience I and many others had that year. People came off the field practically laughing with happiness. Very appreciative crowd that night. The box angle is amazing, too, as has been said. It's like pointing your horn at the sun at noon.

Also remember housing in the hangar-like field house with two or three other corps. That place was huge.

Man, Memorial Stadium would be great for a show. The angles are just perfect, there wouldn't be a bad seat in the house!