Corps Housing for Madison

Check with the corps first if you're allowed to watch. One Div 1 finalist I know is not letting anybody onto the grounds. They will have "closed to the public" signs posted. But they still want your money and want you to work Bingo, concessions and donate till it hurts. IMO this is wrong.

There may be a fine line here, but I can totally understand the staff not wanting any outside distractions going into, what some may call, the most important performances of the season.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where Scouts are rehearsing, and if it's open to the public? I see PR is closed.

Does anyone know if BD's is open to the public? I posted on their board but nobody responded. They are only about 45 minutes away from me. I'll probably take a chance either way.

Anyone know where Scouts are rehearsing, and if it's open to the public? I see PR is closed.

Does anyone know if BD's is open to the public? I posted on their board but nobody responded. They are only about 45 minutes away from me. I'll probably take a chance either way.

So you're obviously a PR fan, and they don't want fans "disturbing" their rehearsals, so their fans are going to go and "disturb" other corps' rehearsals. Wow, not really fair on their part, is it? They get rid of unwanted distractions and, at the same time, shift those distractions off to everybody else!

Gotta say I wouldn't mind if their closed rehearsal backfired on them...

So you're obviously a PR fan, and they don't want fans "disturbing" their rehearsals, so their fans are going to go and "disturb" other corps' rehearsals. Wow, not really fair on their part, is it? They get rid of unwanted distractions and, at the same time, shift those distractions off to everybody else!

Gotta say I wouldn't mind if their closed rehearsal backfired on them...

Um... I hope this was said in jest. Who said anything about PR fans going to disturb other corps' rehearsals? Check with the Cadets, too. I think theirs are closed as well.

Pretty mean thing to say having closed rehearsals backfire on a corps. If the the corps staff wants the kids to be focused on the show, that's their business.

Um... I hope this was said in jest. Who said anything about PR fans going to disturb other corps' rehearsals? Check with the Cadets, too. I think theirs are closed as well.

Pretty mean thing to say having closed rehearsals backfire on a corps. If the the corps staff wants the kids to be focused on the show, that's their business.

Maybe I wasn't clear. What I was getting at was that since Phantom doesn't want anybody at their rehearsals, and I'm assuming it's so they can focus, it appears that their fans (like acn) will just go and watch somebody else's rehearsal that is open. So if open rehearsals means (to Phantom, at least) lack of focus/bad rehearsal/whatever, is it fair to shift that off to other corps who do have open rehearsals? Not that every Phantom fan will want to watch someone else, but I'd say a fair amount of them will be in Madison all week with time on their hands and will want to watch somebody, heck anybody, rehearse (like acn, who has Phantom as his avatar and his signature, but is wanting to know about BD's and Madison's rehearsals, presumably since he's not welcome at Phantom's).

Personally, I think an excited, but respectful (ie, not bugging the members, staying out of the way of the rehearsal), fan base at a rehearsal can energize a corps. What Phantom is doing seems a little mean-spirited to their dedicated fans, member's families, etc.

Edited by momoblooo

I'm a drum corp fan. Rockford is 45 minutes away. Scouts have spring training 1/2 hr. away. I go and watch both every year. Pat Siedling was nice enough to give me a tour of their offices, check out all the pictures, and even give me some free sovies. All for coming and watching practice all day, and NOT saying a word, unless spoken to first. How's that for disturbing a practice?? Don't crap on me just because I'm a new poster.

... What Phantom is doing seems a little mean-spirited to their dedicated fans, member's families, etc.
I think you're dead-out wrong on this momobloo. Having been both, I would respectfully submit that most "dedicated fans" and "member's families" would totally understand the concept and graciously accept it.

SUTA!

I agree - They'd be my first choice to watch, but hey no biggie. Hopefully they will add something new just for this week. I'll just check out someone else.

I agree - They'd be my first choice to watch, but hey no biggie. Hopefully they will add something new just for this week. I'll just check out someone else.

Personally, I don't understand the closed rehearsals. I've watched rehearsals and I've been on the field rehearsing when people have watched. We never never disturbed on the field, nor have I ever seen a disturbance while watching a corps rehearse. I just hope Santa Clara and Bloo have open rehearsals.

I got a couple very nice responses on the BD forum. BD rehearsals are always open - so I'll be in Beloit on Tuesday - can't wait.

Edited by acn