Quarterfinals lineup announced

i am not happy to see Mandarins get screwed over like this. July 30 to August 5 eh? How could DCI forget about the competition on August 6, the day Mandarins earned a score that would have put them in 17th?

I don't feel sorry for the corps, since they are in a pretty decent position to take that last semi-finals spot. It just sucks for us fans who wanted to see them in the theaters. *sigh*

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having already seen Southwind twice this year, I would like the chance to see Mandarins on the broadcast. That's the only beef I have with the line-up. The rest will sort itself out, as all corps have the chance to earn their semis perfomance slot on the field.

Matt, you have season pass right? You will probably get to see Mandarins on Friday. I know it's not on the big screen, but at least you will get to see them. I, however, will get to see them live. :laugh:

Heh, I'll be at the rehearsal for a wedding all Friday night. It's one of my best friends since junior high, and I'm a groomsman, so no way I can squirm my way out of it. B)

Dinner will be at Maggiano's, so that makes it worth it, but no I won't be able to catch any broadcast. Probably won't get to catch it on Saturday either, being the day of the wedding and all. Oh well, that's what DVDs are for.

So much whinning going on here.

No one is getting screwed over. The criteria for order of performance at quarters is well documented and has been in place all season. The corps knew what scores were going to get pulled and averaged to determine order of appearance.

Heh, I'll be at the rehearsal for a wedding all Friday night. It's one of my best friends since junior high, and I'm a groomsman, so no way I can squirm my way out of it.

Tell your friend he should know better than to get married on finals weekend and that you're sorry, but priorities are priorities and he's gonna have to take a back seat.

Tell your friend he should know better than to get married on finals weekend and that you're sorry, but priorities are priorities and he's gonna have to take a back seat.

Yeah, but there's always the possibility of the "wedding hookup." ^0^

My date for the evening will be my girlfriend of almost three years, so the 'wedding hookup' possibilities are pretty high. :)