Need Rochester Info..

Looking for some good info...

Local Rochester people come to the rescue......

Staying at the Crowne Plaza. Did the same in 96. Baseball field was close and did not seam to be a bad walk. How long is the walk to the soccer stadium and is it safe ?

I would like to park the car for the whole weekend...(parking at hotel can be a problem, I think they have another lot across the street)

Walking to I&E is no problem...but walking back after the prelims and finals is a question mark about the area......

Next, I know I can go online and look up all kinds of restaurants, but I would like hear from the local in the know folks....I love Italian......

Coming in on Thursday, fine dining night, the rest is $40. a day (sorry Rachel)

Best fine dining downtown ? I think I ate at some place on N Fitzhugh St (Edward's ?) back in 96, was very good..Is it still a fine dining place ? Anything else in walking distance ?

The rest of the weekend.. Read some of the threads that mention the following places..

Need to know address and if the are recommended......

Near stadium( Is it walking distance) Rocky's

There was another Italian place mention long time back on one of the threads also near the Park.

You can not recommend too many Italian places.

How about a breakfast place near the hotel...

Would like know if there is one on the way to the park for Sunday morning that I can pick up a sandwich and have breakfast with Alum's, you don't have much time before the show if you go to the DCA mass at the hotel......

How about these ?

Dionosaurs.... Pig and Whistle..... Sticky Lips

Thanks....

Hello Joe!

You've asked the kind of questions that are probably on the minds of many others. I'm not local, but have been up there four times in the past few months. Here are my thoughts:

Looking for some good info...

Local Rochester people come to the rescue......

Staying at the Crowne Plaza. Did the same in 96. Baseball field was close and did not seam to be a bad walk. How long is the walk to the soccer stadium and is it safe ?

Looks safe to me! There is nothing residential along the route.

The distance from the baseball stadium to PAETEC Park is about another 3 blocks, but it should be an interesting 3 blocks! You will travel through corps warm-up areas, twirling color guard, etc.

I would like to park the car for the whole weekend...(parking at hotel can be a problem, I think they have another lot across the street)

There is a deck across the street.

Walking to I&E is no problem...but walking back after the prelims and finals is a question mark about the area......

I haven't walked it but as I described earlier, there is nothing residential between PAETEC and downtown if you return through the corps set-up blocks and Kodak region.

Next, I know I can go online and look up all kinds of restaurants, but I would like hear from the local in the know folks....I love Italian......

Coming in on Thursday, fine dining night, the rest is $40. a day (sorry Rachel)

Your fine dining, Italian night should include a visit to the restaurant at the Hyatt Regency (adjacent to I&E). Their Palladio Restaurant is excellent. Lovely room, great service, Italian menu. I've dined there every visit, and I've done Italian in lots of places. Could be something better, when we hear from the locals.

Best fine dining downtown ? I think I ate at some place on N Fitzhugh St (Edward's ?) back in 96, was very good..Is it still a fine dining place ? Anything else in walking distance ?

The rest of the weekend.. Read some of the threads that mention the following places..

Need to know address and if the are recommended......

Near stadium( Is it walking distance) Rocky's

Rocky's is very much in walking distance, maybe 2 blocks. Looks a little small and neighborly. I sure do hope someone tips this guy off in advance. He's about to have his biggest weekend ever!

There was another Italian place mention long time back on one of the threads also near the Park.

You can not recommend too many Italian places.

How about a breakfast place near the hotel...

Would like know if there is one on the way to the park for Sunday morning that I can pick up a sandwich and have breakfast with Alum's, you don't have much time before the show if you go to the DCA mass at the hotel......

How about these ?

Dionosaurs.... Pig and Whistle..... Sticky Lips

Thanks....

In my opinion, Rochester will work for lot's of people! Com'on locals, let's hear your pride!

:)

Fred as usual you did a good job. I'm not from Ropchester but am on the committee so I've visited often in the last few months. I believe the Convention Bureau is having a special "Fan's Guide" at all the hotels.

You are in a great location, if you don't want to drive I'm sure many fans and Corps member will be car pooling over.

Actually I've found the breafast at the Crown to be fairly good. Usuallly a Buffet or sit down, can be served quickly.

I do know for I&E there will be many choices for the fans, the Clarion and Convetion Center are connected to the Crown by a walking river bridge great view.

Thanks, Fred great start.....

And D. P. had some nice talks with you at the bar in Scranton and looking foward to the same in Rochester

There are many good shows around, but one of my favorites has to be the Harrisburg show at the forum..

You arive and park you car at the Plaza and walk to all the great restaurants, bars and to the forum.

And what I know of Rochester.. this looks like I can do the same... No designated driver needed here....

No driving up a mountain for the I&E

Only Rochester, maybe Allentown can do this.......

I know this is going to be one great weekend......

Pete

The Crowne Plaza is where all the big name acts stay -

James Brown, Sting, Hillary, Chuck Schumer, Chaka, and the Edison Tech Class 1981 Reunion (8/25).

Man, You're a 15-20 minute walk from the whole show.

Food:

Nick Tahou's - Lyell near 390; Country Sweet Chicken and Ribs - 5 minute drive down Lake Ave; Rubino's Sangwiches - East Ridge Rd ....

That's really all you need to know.

Fred as usual you did a good job. I'm not from Ropchester but am on the committee so I've visited often in the last few months. I believe the Convention Bureau is having a special "Fan's Guide" at all the hotels.

You are in a great location, if you don't want to drive I'm sure many fans and Corps member will be car pooling over.

Actually I've found the breafast at the Crown to be fairly good. Usuallly a Buffet or sit down, can be served quickly.

I do know for I&E there will be many choices for the fans, the Clarion and Convetion Center are connected to the Crown by a walking river bridge great view.