D23 Attendance

Not really any different than 21 years ago. We had to go through every day of finals week to make finals and remember the first and I also believe the second day there was very few people in the stands plus the size of the stadium does not help with the visual perception of how many are there.

For all you 2/3 supporters that think 2/3 is the critical underbelly of drum corps... in a great drum corps town like Madison... where is everyone? Check out the stream. Sheesh! I bet DCI loses a lot of money on this stuff.

Stream???? What? Is it on Season Pass?

If so I'll have to leave work. :P

I have always found that many of the DII's are very entertaining. Several put out a "product" as good as many of their D1 counterparts. And, as we all know, in some cases some of these DII corps are even larger than some of those competing under the guise of D1. In fact, if allowed to compete in one open class, I am certain several DII corps have the capability to defeat several of the D1 corps. Having attended a few west coast shows this summer, in some cases the DII's were more entertaining and far more interesting than those in D1. For these reasons I fail to see why the activity doesn't give these DII units more support. Really, it's a crying shame that dc fans aren't more supportive.

Just my two cents worth.