Live from the Pressbox

Jeez... must we feed the trolls.. or rather... troll( )?

Thanks to all who don't try to opress with their opinions and do what their momma's taught em "if you aint got nuttin nice to say.. don't say nuttin at all!"

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez... must we feed the trolls.. or rather... troll( )?

Thanks to all who don't try to opress with their opinions and do what their momma's taught em "if you aint got nuttin nice to say.. don't say nuttin at all!"

He's fishing and people are biting. :beer:

I'm glad to see the Cavaliers in front with a simple concept, good use of guard, good horns and goods percussion. I like it when a corps uses the basics to create an entertaining, creative, strong show. It appealed to all age levels. Nice Job Green Machine! :beer:

The Crossmen are a high school band.

There you go again, Hroth. . .err, I mean Studio Tan.

Get a grip, dude.

I'm trolling?
The Crossmen are a high school band.

Yes, you were.

Top 17

The Cavaliers 96.900

Blue Devils 96.525

Phantom Regiment 96.025

The Cadets 93.475

Bluecoats 92.975

Santa Clara Vanguard 92.375

Carolina Crown 89.675

Blue Knights 89.650

Boston Crusaders 89.325

Madison Scouts 88.250

Glassmen 88.125

Spirit from JSU 86.525

Colts 84.625

Crossmen 82.675

Blue Stars 82.225

Capital Regiment 81.925

Mandarins 78.375

After watching the scores all summer, this result was entirely predictable, and I would think that there isn't going to be any change in the top 12 going forward.

I am impressed by a couple of things. First, the judges had the guts to put the top three on the same number within tenths of each other. I doubt that will carry forward, though it would be nice to see Phantom come out ahead. Any of the top three have a shot at winning - based solely on tonight's scores. I haven't seen any of those shows, so I can't say any more.

The other thing that has impressed me all season is the Blue Stars. I have for some time been impressed with their improvement year by year . As a former competitor I'm a glad to see that they have done so well in their first year back in Division 1. I won't be surprised one bit if they make the finals cut next year. Congrats to the whole organization and to those who helped this corps along the way and couldn't be there in Madison this year to celebrate with your brothers and sisters. You all deserved to share in the accomplishment this years corps achieved.

Regards,

John Swartz

Oakland Crusaders 77-80

Toronto Optimist Alumni 04 - ?

PS. Regardless of what I said above - Go Devils!

Edited by sarnia sam

After watching the scores all summer, this result was entirely predictable, and I would think that there isn't going to be any change in the top 12 going forward.

Phantom has definitely gotten a lot closer to BD and the Cavies over the past weeks or so-- maybe they can push it up just another notch. I don't think the cavaliers are dropping from first place-- but tonight it was obvious to me that that gold metal is not set in stone.

Some one was asking for recaps?

At the movies they gave a breakdown but of course I couldn't get it all. but...

Very interesting All three received a 1st second and third in the major breakdown

I think the winners were;

GE Cavies

Vis BD

Music Phantom

So what exactly can Phantom do to win this thing?

As I was watching the show I was thinking it would have been cool to have marched

the black uni's all summer and then on finals night - tear away the black uni's to

reveal the white's at the beginning of resurrection.

Ok - that's probably too complicated and maybe kinda cheesy. But it woulda been cool. B)