Ballad idea for Regiment

Although I would love to hear Regiment do one of these, my love for my corps is over-ruled by my love of the music, so I hope someone, anyone plays them...as long as they play them well....

Sibelius, Jean: Symphony No. 4, Mvmt III - Good God! This is beautiful!

Vaughan Williams, Ralph: Symphony No. 5, Mvmt III - Yuuuuuuummmmmy stuff. Great solo opportunity at the beginning. Incredibly gorgeous piece of music.

Corigliano, John: Symphony No. 1, Mvmt I - The middle section of this piece, with the haunting melody that is bittersweet and nostalgic, and gradually gets angrier and angrier is simply BEGGING for Regiment to do it. If you have the Chicago recording of it, it starts around 4:00 minutes in.

Prokofiev, Sergei: Romeo and Juliet, "Juliet's Funeral" merged with "Juliet Alone" - If they ever fulfill my dream and do a Romeo and Juliet show again, this would be a wonderful ballad.

Khachaturian, Aram: Gayeneh's Adagio, from the ballet of the same name - Simply stunning in its simplicity, though I admit it would likely not make a great ballad...still, I would love to see it used perhaps as an introduction, much like the 1996 show began with a slow piece.

Elgar, Sir Edward: Cello Concert, Mvmt I - Done by a skillfull arranger like J.D., this could be amazing.

By the way....does anyone else seen an eerie parallel between drum corps ballads and the so-called "power ballads" of the hair metal band days...? :P

Corigliano, John: Symphony No. 1, Mvmt I - The middle section of this piece, with the haunting melody that is bittersweet and nostalgic, and gradually gets angrier and angrier is simply BEGGING for Regiment to do it. If you have the Chicago recording of it, it starts around 4:00 minutes in.

Is this the one with "Of Rage and Remembrance"? If so, that would be a great Phantom Regiment piece. Blue Knights could pull if off as well.

Schostakovich's seventh symphony, Mvt. III (Adagio) would be AMAZING. :)

Schostakovich's seventh symphony, Mvt. III (Adagio) would be AMAZING. :)

Hmm...while I love this movement, I think it would be difficult to put on the field...how are you going to handle the e-flat clarinet solo in the middle? I don't know if it would be a good ballad...it might be too quirky for that.

Hmm...while I love this movement, I think it would be difficult to put on the field...how are you going to handle the e-flat clarinet solo in the middle? I don't know if it would be a good ballad...it might be too quirky for that.

Tsar, you disappoint me. :) I remember reading a thread where you were answering doubts like this yourself. I'm listening to it right now, and I'll have an answer soon! :drool:

It's 20 minutes long, so give me a few...

Edited by Wild Nights