Southwind Qfinal penalty

Not sure if this is why.

a couple years ago you would get a penalty for come ON to the field to with ANY kind of drum. Anything but rims would get you a penalty.

Edited by cavalier81

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall anything but a bass beat last night but .2 wouldn't have changed the outcome.

BTW, I believe the previous penalty was in 03 in Orlando. If I recall, devine intervention wouldn't have pushed that placement up, which was a shame because I liked that show (Gayne Ballet).

The 0.2 penalty was in 2002, which knocked SW down to 18th by 0.05 points.

Good morning:

Don't know officially, but a good guess is that for a few corps (especially Pioneer since I specifically remember this) the drum major was asked if the corps was ready...and they were not! The pit was still being assembled and staff members were on the field. So it was for either 'illegal' people on the field or being overtime. Not officially - just what I saw.

MAV

Good morning:

Don't know officially, but a good guess is that for a few corps (especially Pioneer since I specifically remember this) the drum major was asked if the corps was ready...and they were not! The pit was still being assembled and staff members were on the field. So it was for either 'illegal' people on the field or being overtime. Not officially - just what I saw.

MAV

If there was a significant delay between the announcer asking the DM if he was ready and the DM's salute, it was probably a timing penalty. Back at quarters in '01, people said the announcer was asking Crown and Madison if they were ready and they weren't even on the field.

If there was a significant delay between the announcer asking the DM if he was ready and the DM's salute, it was probably a timing penalty. Back at quarters in '01, people said the announcer was asking Crown and Madison if they were ready and they weren't even on the field.

I was there and don't remember the delay. They were the first on after break and were ready to go for several minutes, so I'd be surprised if it was a time penalty. I was talking with people around us so I may have missed it.

I was there and don't remember the delay. They were the first on after break and were ready to go for several minutes, so I'd be surprised if it was a time penalty. I was talking with people around us so I may have missed it.

Besides timing the only other thing I can think of is an out of bounds penalty. Maybe some pit or guard equipment was too far off of the sideline.

Oh! I do remember a guard member coming off the front sidelines

to get around the TV crews, photographers, etc. Do not, however,

remember which corps it was. The mystery continues.

MAV

Being that I am on Sdub guard staff, I can say it was NOT for going out of bounds. The guard stays well within bounds.

As we came on the field (no time to set yet) they began anouncing the corps. It was about 45 seconds later that the DM saluted. If anything, I think it was a bogus penalty for delay.

On a positive note, Thanks to all the friends and family of S-Dub for all the support this season! We had a blast and are excited for Southwind 2007!