Live from the pressbox! DCI FINALS

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: Congrats to Cavies, The Academy and Impulse. ALL are worthy CHAMPIONS. Special props to PR, Bluecoats, and SCV.

WHAT A SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown and BK were so close several times. In Semis, Crown pulled ahead. In Finals, BK pulled ahead. If the season continued they would probably keep inspiring each other to improve. I loved Crown's show. But I am so proud of the Blue Knights!!

dks

Well, BK's drumline single-handedly beat Crown tonight, so I think the Crown staff knows what they need to work on. They're a top 6 level corps with a semifinalist drumline...

Anyone still watching the Cavies in their victory lap? Just curious.

The Finals encore is my favorite show of the year....

Especially SCV"S rep. number - what's the matter Joe? Not enough cymbals ? :unsure:

I just think Percussion judge 1 should stop smoking crack, he clearly did right before SCV came on! ONE POINT difference between judge 1 and judge 2 tonight. And that GE Music score. ARGH!! Those two scores clearly cost SCV fourth place.

WHAT A YEAR!

Edited by just_another_fanatic

ARGH! I knew it!

Curtis Costanza had Bluecoats 8th in guard... AGAIN! No one else had them scoring that low. He did it 3 times this season! UGH!

I noted that guard score too, lucky it didn't hurt them.

I noted that guard score too, lucky it didn't hurt them.

So anyone @ finals tonight? Did Bluecoats guard have a off run? The guard score seems really off for them to end up 8th in guard after doing so great all season.

I wonder how quiet the crowd was when they announced Cadets in 5th, and Bluecoats in 4th....

Then I wonder how queit it got when Blue Devils were announced in 3rd and Phantom in 3rd.

Brings back memories of '92 when all I heard from the field was: "In 3rd place, with a score of 96.7; 9 6 . 7, Sta.........." Crowd went nuts, then silence....." chirp chirp chirp" could be heard....then: "In 2nd place, with a score of 97.0; 9 7 . 0, The Cade......." crowd went bazerk!!!

So, if anyone can inform us, how was the crowd reaction to tonights upsets????

Bluecoats here. Aged out in Montreal 24 years ago....sigh....

Wow, So did I... Check out the Scores and Placements then. Bluecoats were 33rd, Cavaliers were 12th, Spirit was 11th, Crossmen were 6th, Garfield Cadets were 5th and Blue Devils won. These were the Prelim Placements from 1982 in Montreal Canada. And it seems like yesterday... :)

So anyone @ finals tonight? Did Bluecoats guard have a off run? The guard score seems really off for them to end up 8th in guard after doing so great all season.

The CG judge at finals tonight dropped Bluecoats several placements every time he saw them. It wasn't "too" bad tonight as they were only 6th in Q's and 7th in Semi's, so 8th wasn't TOO far out of line ... but it was his trend to have them lower than most everyone else. Did it in Atlanta and Allentown, I believe.

LUCKILY, it didn't hurt them from jumping over SCV and Cadets!!!

Let's Go BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!!!!