Conspiracy Theory #1

Colts dropped to 16th in brass?!? They haven't been lower than 13th all season... at times they were as high as 10th. And, no - they didn't have an off night.

Maybe there was to be no "accidental" ties at 12th place.

Anybody out there hear something different?

I replayed Season Pass again for all corps within the Colts range. I fail to see how they could have scored 16th in brass. Then again I'm not a judge :(

I replayed Season Pass again for all corps within the Colts range. I fail to see how they could have scored 16th in brass. Then again I'm not a judge :(

DCI still uses Field Brass judges on the field. . . so no amount of listening to "ensemble" recordings will get you the answer you seek.

You'd have to listen to Steve Calhoun's tape.

Also remember. . . we're only talking about tenths here. . . not like it was a MAJOR decision to open spreads with their closest competitors.

Even if the Colts had scored a full 2 points higher in brass. . . it wouldn't have made a placement difference.

Gonna have to look somewhere else for conspiracy theories.

DCI still uses Field Brass judges on the field. . . so no amount of listening to "ensemble" recordings will get you the answer you seek.

You'd have to listen to Steve Calhoun's tape.

:worthy:

Steve Calhoun likes to shake things up like that. It would not be he first time.

Not really. Steve isn't trying to "shake things up" I was around Steve for 7 years when i was on various brass staffs and he is always, always professional, courteous in critiques and has a genuine interest for what is best for our marchers. He calls it like he sees it and makes the call based on each performance and perhaps that is what is bugging you.

Of all the field brass judges i have spoken with, Steve is one of the most knowledgable and understanding out there. The dialogues i have had with him over the years have ALWAYS been amicable and focus on how to make the brass players i taught better.

As Chuck said, look somewhere else, because you are barking up the wrong tree.

Colts dropped to 16th in brass?!? They haven't been lower than 13th all season... at times they were as high as 10th. And, no - they didn't have an off night.

Are you taking into account that the Colts met all 22 other D1 corps how many times this year? Were they no lower than 13th at those shows as well? Just asking.

They were ON on Friday, but even being on wasn't going to make up the difference in scores. It is kind of suspicious though that in one show that they sounded great in they would drop so heavily, but I am getting used to that in todays " judges".

Colts have not been within a point of Spirit, the 12 place Corps all year. They never closed the gap at any time. Didn't matter where these 2 Corps competed, nor who the judging panel was. Colts finished where they did, because they were overall not as good as any of the other 12 Corps that made the Finals. People can quibble about a particular caption here and there, and they could be right. But at the end of the day, the Colts overall finished about where they should have placement wise this year. That said, I found the Colts to have an enjoyable Corps this year, certainly more enjoyable than a few Corps that finished higher than them.

Edited by X DM

Colts have not been within a point of Spirit, the 12 place Corps all year. They never closed the gap at any time. Didn't matter where these 2 Corps competed, nor who the judging panel was. Colts finished where they did, because they were overall not as good as any of the other 12 Corps that made the Finals. People can quibble about a particular caption here and there, and they could be right. But at the end of the day, the Colts overall finished about where they should have placement wise this year. That said, I found the Colts to have an enjoyable Corps this year, certainly more enjoyable than a few Corps that finished higher than them.

And the People said....AMEN....!!

AND...they looked really cool, and probably had a blast, I know we enjoyed each performance we saw! AND next year they will probably be even better....thats what happens in Good Programs....they just keep getting better....DCI has been fortunate this year to have a lot of Great Corps doing lots of Great Programs....I just hope the Colts are chasing someone else next year.....this has been way to nerve racking from the parent perspective.....