IMPULSE 2006 DCI DIV III WORLD CHAMPIONS

:-) CONGRATULATIONS IMPULSE! :-)

IMPULSE 2006 Div III DCI World Champions

8th overall in Grand Div II / III Finals

Spirit of Disney Award - Impulse

Best General Effect Performance - Impulse

Best Percussion Performance - Impulse

Best Color Guard - Impulse

Also took both Ensemble captions in Visual and Music.

2nd in Vis Perf by .1

2nd in Brass Perf by .2

RonZ

VK

IMPULSE

Kingsmen Alumni Corps

Ron - all these years you and Dan have poured your heart soul and sweat into this corps, I see your handprints everywhere. This corps and this whole organization is a testament to what y'all have worked to achieve.

We as parents do recognize how much of your lives you have given to these kids. Evey year these kids work to build on what has gone before and like a puzzle what they achieved this year required what has gone before.

My thanks and congratulations

Dad

Ron - all these years you and Dan have poured your heart soul and sweat into this corps, I see your handprints everywhere. This corps and this whole organization is a testament to what y'all have worked to achieve.

We as parents do recognize how much of your lives you have given to these kids. Evey year these kids work to build on what has gone before and like a puzzle what they achieved this year required what has gone before.

My thanks and congratulations

Dad

Thank you Mr Robison. Your kids have been great members. Tim is an excellent veteran, one of the best ever.

I want to identify Dave Meade as the organizational force behind the corps since year one. Though you've pointed out Dan and I, there are other like Dans wife Terry, Charlie, Bill Hassing, John Fallon, the BABA Dynasty and many other hard working board members and parents who have given their time, personal financial resources to keep us on the field.

Dave was most of the job, most of the work and most of the time and most of the money spent up to this year since his resignation from active duty at the end of last year. Without Dave, we wouldn't have made it this far.

Charlie was instrumental in keeping the corps alive this year with his personal time and personal finances.

I'm glad he was there to help Ike this summer as the transitional corps director.

I'm so happy for this group on tour, they really had it tougher than any other touring year.

Congrats to them.

I wish our (Dan and I) Dad could have seen Impulse win this year.

He passed away in January.

I'm glad he got to see them in Long Beach last year.

This one's for you Dad, and all the parents who have kids in Impulse.

Ron - I truly know there were more involved in this than the Zeilingers. I was hoping you were going to come back and list many more, I think they should all share in the triumph of the Corps this year.

Though Impulse, in the few years I have been around, has been Zeilinger to the Corps (Pun intended).

The whole family has been around and very visible to all. Y'all have opened your hearts, your homes and your lives to guiding and encouraging these kids thru thick and thin, thru accomplishment and thru failure and there has been both - such is life.

There are distinct difficulties for a western Corps that are not faced in as heavy a mode for those in other regions and these challenged the leaders of Impulse. Travel was much more than those in other regions, fees were higher, etc. This corps has lived with these difficulties and still gone on, still made an effort to attend championships every year, still imparted the kids with the sense of comaraderie, accomplishment, fullfillment and family.

They did well this year, they accomplished what has been illusive to them in the past, but their personal sense of accomplishment at a show well done, at having put out all they have and placed it before judges, this has not changed.

I know how it is with parents, My mom died during tour last year. Tim flew home for the funeral and returned to join the corps for the rest of the season. I appreciated Dan being there as a surrogate father when I had to call and tell Tim. I appreciate that he wanted to return and finish out the few shows left.

He did this not for himself, but because he wanted to be with the Corps, the good of the Corps he would say, put aside your personal turmoil and pain, go on despite difficulties. These are the values that have been instilled in our kids, these are the times they will remember and will help mold the life they go into.

Anyway - I digress. We do appreciate everyone involved and will forever shout out to the world not only that Impulse is Div III Champions but they are a class organization.

Thank all of you for what you have given us, it is monumental.

Dad

Edited by Impulsivedad

This is a long deserved, long over due, certified "WINNING SEASON" for Impulse. Say what you will about the west coast judging, or whatever, but Impulse won over their critics and detractors this year. Go Impulse!

Now we want to see you be funny again! Remember your "Island show"??? YES! that's what we want to see!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! IMPULSE!!!!!

Troy and I had the pleasure of being there, watching them perform.........and cheer them on. They indeed do a wonderful job!!!

Again...........CONGRATULATIONS!!! :worthy:

Nicw putting a face with the name Mayra...and thank you for recognizing the great Impulse accomplishment.

GREAT JOB IMPULSE!! I was there too...you earned it. REALLY earned it. You had VERY VERY VERY stiff competition.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! IMPULSE!!!!!

Troy and I had the pleasure of being there, watching them perform.........and cheer them on. They indeed do a wonderful job!!!

Again...........CONGRATULATIONS!!! :worthy:

Mayra,

It was a pleasure to meet you and to see Troy again.

Yep, congratulations to Impulse. I enjoyed seeing Impulse twice in California and this past week. Terrific program!

Yeah Impulse! :)

Terrance