Cadets 2006 ballad

Could someone identify the name of the piece that Cadets used in the middle of their show - the ballad that involved the singer? Sounds somewhat like the Canon by Pachehbel (?).

I am not looking for opinions on the show, amplified voices or Mr. Hopkins - there are enough of those on this forum already. I am simply interested in more information on the music.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers.

Tune is called "Sanvean" by Dead Can Dance.

Sanvean-I Am Your Shadow. Inspired by Lisa Gerrard's performance in Gladiator. Listen to the original by Gerrard and then listen to the Cadets, and you will learn to appreciate Jay Bocook more than ever before...

Throughout the season seeing and hearing that part of the show on Season Pass was hauntingly familiar..but just couldn't put my finger on it as to it's Origin. As I was sitting and listening to the show in Madison this week i thought the same. Thanks for the clarifcation as to Origin of the tune.

Edited by Zeke

The video is on youtube. Just search Sanvean.

Very haunting.

:blink:

Thanks. This is the kind of thing I was hoping to find on this board. Kudos for the youtube tip.