99 Madison

00 Cadets

01 Cadets

02 Cadets

03 BD

04 Cavies

05 Phantom

06 Phantom/BD/Cavies

97 was NOT Cadets. PAA-LEEEZZZZZZ! Do you not recall Pirates of Lake Mendota??????

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

97 was NOT Cadets. PAA-LEEEZZZZZZ! Do you not recall Pirates of Lake Mendota??????

There seems to be an awful lot of revisionist history in these types of threads, revisionist in favour of our own respective corps. That may be the case with my "list" as well, for all I know, but I do really believe that Regiment was the crowd favourite in 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1996, 2003, and 2006. Of course, not everyone in the crowd was in their corner, and maybe certain people here hated the show those particular years, or the crowd around them at Finals did not applaud heartily, but as far as a general consensus, I still believe I am right.

You can argue these all you want though...it's not like we have a way of "proving" our cases.

Edited by The Tsar

There seems to be an awful lot of revisionist history in these types of threads.

The longest chord in the Cadets 1997 show is 5 seconds. Madison's longest chord that year was 6 times longer than that. They're playing as loud as they can, but it's completely inaudible. Hmm... :P

1987 – SCV and Garfield Cadets, but also remember Bluecoats were a big surprise, making finals the first time, big crowd reactions

1988 – SCV and Madison (no doubt about Madison, but SCV was way up there too)

1989 – Phantom, SCV, and then perhaps Cadets with Les Mis

1990 – Cavaliers, then Cadets, then Crossmen

1991 – Cavaliers, then Phantom (I think Cavies more so on this one because many did not want to see Star win)

1992 – Cadets, Blue Devils, Crossmen, and even SCV

1993 – Phantom, then Cadets, then BD

1994 – Blue Devils, then anyone from Phantom to Cadets to Madison

1995 - Madison by far, then Cadets all John Williams show, then Bluecoats, then Cavaliers

1996 – Phantom, Cadets, BD, Crossmen, Madison

1997 – Madison (Pirates show was great), BD, SCV, Cadets, Crossmen

1998 – SCV, Cadets

1999 - SCV, Cavaliers (passing Cadets to take 3rd)

2000 – Cadets, Cavaliers (both were loved all season), also Boston was way up there

2001 – Not sure, honestly

2002 – Cadets were entertaining here for sure, but too much cheese for many, probably Cavaliers or Boston

2003 – Phantom, BD, Cadets, Bluecoats

2004 – Cavaliers, BD, Bluecoats

2005 – Phantom Regiment

2006 – Phantom Regiment

I would agree with all of these, except 91, 92, 02, and 04. PR was more the favorite in 91. In 92, it was more like Cavies, SCV, then VK. 02 was definitely not Cadets - probably Cavies. 04 SCV seemed the clear crowd favorite (and mine).

And how about these:

86 BD, Spirit, Sky Ryders

85 Madison, SCV

84 Garfield, BD, SCV, PR, Madison (AWESOME YEAR!)

83 Garfield, PR

82 BD, Garfield, SCV

81 Madison, SCV, Bridgemen, 27

80 Spirit, Bridgemen, 27, BD

79 Bridgemen, PR, BD

78 PR, Bridgemen, BD

Edited by SkyRyder_FMM

02 was definitely not Cadets - probably BAC ("Red" was just awesome, and the crowd went nuts for them - who didn't have a red glow in the dark necklace at Finals?).

Awesome, maybe...but not 2002. "Red" was 2000. It's quasi-sequal "Bravo" was 2003. 2002 was "You Are My Star"...the patriotic show.

Awesome, maybe...but not 2002. "Red" was 2000. It's quasi-sequal "Bravo" was 2003. 2002 was "You Are My Star"...the patriotic show.

You are so very correct. I don't know WHAT I was thinking. Thanks for the correction. I updated my post. Looking back on 02, I'm not sure there was one corps that really stood out with the crowd that year, other than perhaps Cavies for their sheer brilliance in execution.

Edited by SkyRyder_FMM

Do you not call the opener of Cadets and standing O's as soon as it was finished? Its just my opinion!

Yeah, but it was nothing compared to the reaction Madison received for the Pirates of Lake Mendota. Fans clearly appreciated the demand of 97 Cadets, but the dirt didn't really win them over to make them the fan favorite - especially over Madison.

87-SCV

88-SCV

89-Cadets

90-Cavaliers

91-BD

92-Cavaliers

93-PR!!

94-BD

95-Scouts!!

96-PR

97-Scouts

98-SCV