MADISON SCOUTS OR MADISON ALUMNI

I can see it. "Sure I'll tell you about the Scout's Alumni Corp Sonny. I was there. I saw it all. They entered the field through four tunnels - all 480 of them. The Madison Police Department had 20 emergency ear surgury units on hand. Several times during the show the 80 contras caused localized cloud bursts while the 20 bass drum's simultaneous hits produced dangerous sheering effects on the stadium's structure. ..."

Reminds me of conversations I used to hear about Fresno.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Geno!!!....

Stop it, you're making me blush. Virtually, of course. Appreciate your kind words. I'm but one link in the chain, all 21 guys in our snare line sold out, and committed to making us pretty darn nice and tight. Same story in the tenor, bass, and cymbal lines(yeee haaahhhh).

You in particular were a great example of dedication and hard work. I know you busted your bee-hind to make this happen, and we all appreciate it!! Can't wait to see you and everyone else at banquet!!

Later brother........

JS

glad you liked that, Joe. Here's the other half for you to brighten up as well (Thanks!!)

BTW... the Madison 06 tenor drummer on the left is DCP'er "Jofus" ... he looks JUST LIKE his avatar!!

100_0088.jpg

Nice Geno!

Did you (by chance) get Justin on the other side? (or was he back at MATC?) :)

Pearsony

MATG'S

Edited by S. Pearson

Does anyone have any pictures of the snare line?

Does anyone have any pictures of the snare line?

There were people taking pictures that night of the snares jamming...and I'm the snare drummer from the alum who stepped out and asked that

anyone who was taking those pictures could they please send them to the alumni website. I also gave my email address to a guy who said he'd send

them to me, but I haven't heard from him yet. When I do... I will post!

Thanks - What years did you march? I was a Scout for a short time in 1991 (snare). I had what you could say were some differences with CT. So I Quit:( I went to UW-Whitewater with Jeff Spanos and Jim Atkinson, but I haven't talked to or seen Jeff since 2003. Do you know Dan Niemeyer, Arjuana Conrtreas, Eric Janson, Brandon King or Chip Shakoor? I went to high school with them all except Eric, but I marched with him in marching band before Scouts.

Edited by MJN

There were people taking pictures that night of the snares jamming...and I'm the snare drummer from the alum who stepped out and asked that

anyone who was taking those pictures could they please send them to the alumni website. I also gave my email address to a guy who said he'd send

them to me, but I haven't heard from him yet. When I do... I will post!

Geno: I haven't received anything at the project site yet!

MJN: Differences with CT? I should hope so... CT was very unique! (Taught with him for 6 years in the scouts!) Taught *Neimeyer for my last 4 years too... (*a.k.a. Mr Bungles or Mr. B )

Where the H*** is CT? "Time to make the donuts!" :)

S Pearson - Last I knew, he was caption head of the Kilties in Racine. I think it was 04, or 05, but they were playing that same old "street time" cadence that I learned in 91 and I'm pretty sure they played it in 90. Did you play snare all your years in Scouts? 83 was one of my all time favorite Scout shows. It is still weird to listen to 93 Scouts and Blue Devils playing Strawberry Soup - not quite the same.

S Pearson - Last I knew, he was caption head of the Kilties in Racine. I think it was 04, or 05, but they were playing that same old "street time" cadence that I learned in 91 and I'm pretty sure they played it in 90. Did you play snare all your years in Scouts? 83 was one of my all time favorite Scout shows. It is still weird to listen to 93 Scouts and Blue Devils playing Strawberry Soup - not quite the same.

Naw, I played tenor in 77' and never looked on... I missed try-outs in 76', so I had to wait a year to discover my love that instrument! (3's/4's/5's) It didn't matter the variation of drums... Aged out in 83', then taught the tenors through 89'... (Handled teaching bass' and snares along the way in select years as needed) As a player, I had the privilege to play Sanford, Theo and Lages parts over the 7 years on toms! CT, another former tenor player had a great sense for the instrument, so I also had the privilege to work his parts with some very fine Scout Players! (Spike-Jed are you reading this?)

Thanks for asking...

Pearsony

Edited by S. Pearson

Pearsony - Thanks for the info. So, did you play tenors with the alumni corps? What do you think about the playing level of the drumlines today compared to when you marched? Who was on the drum staff for the alumni corps? I was at quaterfinals, so I missed seeing your performance. I hope the dvd will be for sale for everyone. I think its great to find out about who taught you and who you learned from. I also went to elementary school with Sheldon Allen - he was in sixth grade and I was in first, and after that, I didn't see him again until a show in Sun Prairie in 1989. I saw him on the field after the show when I was talking to Dan N. and he remebered me. He was a great player. Later