MADISON SCOUTS OR MADISON ALUMNI

I wish I'd known that people felt that way... My wife and I were tired and ready to leave around one, but Randy & Karen took off before me so I was stuck with the disk.

Believe me, I thought about ending the show early but I stayed - and drank more... ;)

Pearsony

"stuck with the disk?, STUCK with the disk?, stuck with THE DISK?" Scott, what the heck are you talking about? We would've given our dogs away to be STUCK WITH THE DISK! We could've watched it 80 MORE times! I have never enjoyed anything that much and wish that night, and the video, could've gone on for hours more. Once we get a copy of that DVD, we'll just put it on constant play and have it going 24/7. The greatest week in our lives, topped by the greatest fun of our lives. I will never forget just looking around that tent, watching the guys watch themselves, and the joy and pride you all felt that it was done with style and class.

You are my heroes, Madison Scouts Alumni Reunion Corps, and I adore each and every one of you. Can't wait for the banquet! :worthy::blink: ^OO^ :mmm:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you jest ... The Madison Alumni.

Why?

Huevos ... Extra Large, Grade AA Huevos.

:worthy::blink::worthy::worthy:

I enjoyed the alumni more, but only because it was a one time thing, and I had already seen the junior corps multiple times. If they were on the field all summer and this was their 20th show, I think most of these answers might be different.

The alumni corps was awesome for their numbers, volume, and novelty, but the junior corps is much better marchers and players, and that's what the activity is about.

I am a little sad to see some take it beyond the asked question, and getting a little personal,.. Auch. Brothers, Let's not do that..

Anyway, me personally, enjoyed the alumni corps show better than the junior corps. NOT meaning anything by it, just more my style of drum corps.

Simple question, Simple answer. Just a side by side comparison on this one occasion

Exactly. A fairer question for this thread would have been what was more exciting, the Alumni Corps or the junior corps performances, because Madison Scouts program is a typical DCI junior corps show. Naming the Scouts specifically appears to be a dig at them.

And some people are going to say that the Alumni Corps was more exciting and theres nothing wrong with that. Drum Corps is not about that type of "balls out" excitement anymore. The Alumni show was a blast for many reasons but it was designed to put many of Scouts greatest moments into one package. It certainly wasnt designed to win any prizes. We moved very little, the music wasnt as hard as what they play today, the guard work was fairly simple by todays standards. I was proud of my participation in the event and think we did a great job.

But to compare us to the junior Scouts is simply a false comparison.

I wish I'd known that people felt that way... My wife and I were tired and ready to leave around one, but Randy & Karen took off before me so I was stuck with the disk.

Believe me, I thought about ending the show early but I stayed - and drank more... ;)

Pearsony

Actually, to clarify Scott, I wasn't at all sick of the DVD! I could've watched a zillion more times, and I will when I have my own copy. But, did notice some looks of 'exasperation' on some non-member faces. "What....again?!?" :) Maybe they wanted to see other years? I know '88 was played at some point, sorry I missed that.

To stay on topic, I agree with those who have said that our product shouldn't necessarily be compared with that of our younger brothers. Different people will get different things out of each show. I just hope most people were entertained by both groups. I was!!!!

As I recall :lol::lol: there were a number of different years played in between the viewings, and wasn't it the MSARP party, so it would make sense that they would play the show for the guys who marched. After all, they didn't get to see the show from the stands! :lol:

What makes an experience like the Madison Alumni Corps so special is the 20K or so fans who did see them live, saw something amazing. In 10 years, 120K people will have claimed to have been there.

Tom Brace

I can see it. "Sure I'll tell you about the Scout's Alumni Corp Sonny. I was there. I saw it all. They entered the field through four tunnels - all 480 of them. The Madison Police Department had 20 emergency ear surgury units on hand. Several times during the show the 80 contras caused localized cloud bursts while the 20 bass drum's simultaneous hits produced dangerous sheering effects on the stadium's structure. ..."

I can see it. "Sure I'll tell you about the Scout's Alumni Corp Sonny. I was there. I saw it all. They entered the field through four tunnels - all 480 of them. The Madison Police Department had 20 emergency ear surgury units on hand. Several times during the show the 80 contras caused localized cloud bursts while the 20 bass drum's simultaneous hits produced dangerous sheering effects on the stadium's structure. ..."

HE HE HE......I got a mental picture!!!!!! Several, in fact! :D

My congratulations to the Madison Alumni, you guys did a fantastic job and really set the bar for alumni corps!!!!

Now it's our turn.

Greg,

Anaheim Kingsmen

Thanks Greg! Note: I think we emptied the bar after the show too... ;)

I heard a wickedly, wonderful rumor that you're going to march timpani! I sincerely hope so! I remember your corps clearly without a pit, so you've got one fan here that doesn't mind the old standards-of course, if they can carry the equipment!!! :) The audience deserves a history lesson by example and Anaheims Timpani section was definitely one of the activities greatest and should be featured!!!

Best wishes on your currently kick-butt journey!

Pearsony...