MADISON SCOUTS OR MADISON ALUMNI

You can't and IMO shouldn't compare apples to oranges!

Different eras, different size corps, different everything just about, except that the new and the old are all brothers! That will always remain the same!!

I don't think we should be comparing.......

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any pictures of the snare line?

These are the only two I have - sorry they aren't better - my husband is in the horn line!

Geno is in both of them though... B)

Picture124.jpg

Picture125.jpg

I just wanted to comment on the Madison Alumni Project. My wife and I are avid Madison Scout fans and traveled all the way from Ohio, not only for Finals, but to see the Madison Alumni Project. I just want to say we both had tears in our eye and yelled ourselves hoarse ( remember Real Drum Corps yelled, that was us!!) To us, if it has red, green and gold, we love it. This includes this year's, next years or any years Madison!!! Love you guys!! We just want to know if you are going to put out a DVD of the Alumni Project?? Thanks for the memories and to the Scouts, can't wait to see what you guys will do this coming year. :laugh: We're not worthy!!! :angry:

Pearsony - Thanks for the info. So, did you play tenors with the alumni corps? What do you think about the playing level of the drumlines today compared to when you marched? Who was on the drum staff for the alumni corps? I was at quaterfinals, so I missed seeing your performance. I hope the dvd will be for sale for everyone. I think its great to find out about who taught you and who you learned from. I also went to elementary school with Sheldon Allen - he was in sixth grade and I was in first, and after that, I didn't see him again until a show in Sun Prairie in 1989. I saw him on the field after the show when I was talking to Dan N. and he remebered me. He was a great player. Later

Yes, I played along with 7 other outstanding players! I played along side 3 of the players, taught 2 of them before, and was privileged to meet and play with 2 "Younger" - well, one of them was sorta younger! (Right Dean?) :)

Percussion Staff was:

Christos Theo-arranger battery

Taras Nahirniak-pit arranger (player too)

Jeff Spanos-Snares (player too)

Dennis Linley-Also really worked the snares! (Player)

Scott Pearson-Tenors (player too) *Note I didn't have to do too much-everyone loved to play!!!

Bob Guinn-Bass (player too)

Terry Spilde-Cymbal (Player & lead cowboy) Yee Haw!

Joe Murray also helped us at July/Aug weekends all those snare in order, especially in July when Jeff Spanos had a severe case of flu causing him to miss the entire weekend!

DVD is still in the air... We're still seeking distribution rights to people outside of our project! Stay glued to our project website at http://fastlanecpu.com/reunion where we will post the decision as soon as we know! We will also be setting up an online store for everyone to preorder it along with other souveniers in the next week or so...

Ya, Sheldon showed up this weekend! Too bad he didn't show up back in February, it would have been "n"ice to have him playing in the section. Dan, unfortunately had life things he needed to take care of... down in TEXAS... YEE HAW-Here I go again... :)

Almost forgot - the lines to day? Amazing!!! I have absolutely no idea how you all can move and do what you do-so fricken consistently!!! (How's that?) Well done!!!!

Edited by S. Pearson

S. Pearson, Thats some great stuff. Thanks. Did you see the news today about Colin McNutt? That sucks for the Scouts. Do you know if Lee Beddis is still involved? In the pictures above, I thought I could see Jeff in the middle. Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply, that's very cool for you to do that. -- Even though I chose to quit in 91, I really wish that things could have been different. I've had many close friends march there, and have followed things very closely over the years. I am a HUGE Scouts fan. Later

S. Pearson, Thats some great stuff. Thanks. Did you see the news today about Colin McNutt? That sucks for the Scouts. Do you know if Lee Beddis is still involved? In the pictures above, I thought I could see Jeff in the middle. Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply, that's very cool for you to do that. -- Even though I chose to quit in 91, I really wish that things could have been different. I've had many close friends march there, and have followed things very closely over the years. I am a HUGE Scouts fan. Later

Dude, You'll aways be a brah'.

MYNWA

Dude, You'll aways be a brah'.

MYNWA

Thanks - I really appreciate that.

Wow, I can't believe someone is actually asking this question. :o

It's not fair to either organizations. Both worked very hard to give you a product that will be talked about for years to come!

I say Kudos to both Madison Alumni and the Madison Scouts! JOB WELL DONE! :drool:

I can't talk for the other sections, But I think that the horn line could compete with ANY corps BRASS SECTION on the field DCA or DCI today. WE had some incredible musicians in that line. 11 times together, are you kidding? Never before ...never again, in one line.

The people that did not like our project, ..........Not for you?? THats OK.

WE did it for the fans that enjoy that type of product and mainly for ourselves. THe show lasted 20 min. memories will last a lifetime.

AS for the DVD playing too much, At 25 min a showing, 80 times might be an streching it. We did not play it from 6pm untill 9:30pm. You do the math. But you found yourselves watching it every single time didn't you!!!!!!

RF

Edited by RCFKING