Troopers—Legends Never Die

Granny- Last time I directed a corps was 30 yrs. ago. I'm what they call old. ( and old-fashioned....that's why no one wants my input now. b**bs )

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granny- Last time I directed a corps was 30 yrs. ago. I'm what they call old. ( and old-fashioned....that's why no one wants my input now. b**bs )

Funny, because your ideas sound very "fresh".

Now see, when I think of fresh...I think of Granny Smith's little green apples. :P

Now see, when I think of fresh...I think of Granny Smith's little green apples. :P

I wasn't on this board all of a couple hours and I had to get after someone for getting frisky with me and my "little green apples". Watch yourself Mr. Dewine. I don't want nobody thinking of my little green apples except for Mr. Smith.

Hey, do you think we're off topic?

I just want to say that I LOVE the Troopers and I LOVE anyone that LOVES them. I would LOVE to see a concerted effort by the drum corps community to actively help them in their recruiting efforts. Aside from the internal tangled mess that they're working out, I think one of their biggest needs are talented young men and women to step up to the plate and march for them. They really need a full corps this year.

To anyone on this message board who is currently marching. If you have people you know who want to march, send 'em the Trooper's way. They will be part of history!

Talk about spontaneous ovations. The Troopers will be getting a lot of them this next year. FUN!

Edited by Granny Smith

I was at the '92 DCI Judges College and the topic of what corps wear/corps repertoires was discussed. The moderator during that part of the training was Mike Cesario. He told us simply that the Troopers could be successful with what they wore as long as the programming and show design was of the top quality. He pointed out the '85 season as an example of keeping your past while building on the future. If anyone has noticed the Cadets have kept the basic design of their uniform intact, albeit with a "reversable/opposite color" scheme on the back (which, more than likely, disappear after this past season). The Troopers could wear the same uniforms I saw in '81 when I first saw them live as long as their show programming and staff were of high calibre. Cesario also pointed out that you could change the "genre" of your music in a way that over a period of time people would be in "acceptance" of what you've done. All of us "want" the Troopers of old, but they aren't coming back. In place will be (more than likely) a 21st century Troopers corps with some 21st century ideas and equipment. I don't think we all died the day the Scouts quit wearing hats in the pit. I didn't die when BD changed the Marine Corps officer dress mess uniform jacket to something abstract. We won't die if they come out with Bb horns or some "modernization" of their uniforms. I bet they will still be the Troopers and we'll all be happy to see them on the field next season whatever their outcomes.

I just want to say that I LOVE the Troopers and I LOVE anyone that LOVES them. I would LOVE to see a concerted effort by the drum corps community to actively help them in their recruiting efforts. Aside from the internal tangled mess that they're working out, I think one of their biggest needs are talented young men and women to step up to the plate and march for them. They really need a full corps this year.

To anyone on this message board who is currently marching. If you have people you know who want to march, send 'em the Trooper's way. They will be part of history!

Still recruiting,.....HMMMMM. You are a sly one.

Appleknocker.

I just thought about your screen name and mine. Makes me a little nervous.

Anyhow, to answer you question... YEP! I'm as sly as an old wrinkled fox, and I do confess that I do love that Long Blue Line! Maybe you could help recruit (it's a worthy cause, wouldn't you say?)

Long live the Troopers!