Troopers—Legends Never Die

There was a thread a short while ago that had updated designs for most corps uniforms - Troopers included. I thought the proposed uniform for Troopers was aewsome. It stayed true to the historical look, with an modern twist to it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a thread a short while ago that had updated designs for most corps uniforms - Troopers included. I thought the proposed uniform for Troopers was aewsome. It stayed true to the historical look, with an modern twist to it.

The link to that uniform design is HERE

What do you think if they came out in "updated" non-wool uniforms but went with a tough look. Keep the calvary uniforms but go with all black and bring back the black-b******s?

Saber-rattle!

Magic had a killer staff in 2002 to get the kids to Finals, but lost a lot of them in 2003.

I know its off topic, but the staff was probably better in 2003 than 2002, minus the loss of Jeff Sacktig.

I'm not going to lie, I hope they're still in G when they come back. If they can find a way to be a successful hornline without making the "inevitable" switch to Bb, I'm sure they would get a lot of credit for it, especially among fans.

I'm not going to lie, I hope they're still in G when they come back. If they can find a way to be a successful hornline without making the "inevitable" switch to Bb, I'm sure they would get a lot of credit for it, especially among fans.

Jared, hate to break it to you, but having put my ear to the ground and having seen smoke signals on the horizon—The Troopers are moving to Bb. I think it's a great move for them to get new instruments. At some point it becomes embarrassing to hold on to the Gs (like when you read posts about how they are the last of a dying breed to have them). I think the Troopers need to stay true to their DNA, but they can't languish in the 80's while everyone else has moved on.

No new uniform design. I'm sorry, but no more of the blah, one-piece, wash-and-wear, unpolished yuck that has become the standard. Or asymmetry for the sake of nothing, except maybe for imitating the worst Star Trek costumes. The Troopers original blue/black with gold trim are possibly the best looking uniforms in history.

I also don't understand why staying with G bugles is a hindrance, but will trust others on this. Do the kids today really avoid a corps for playing G? Afraid they have to learn something new? Then someone needs to explain that making the switch from trumpet to soprano is not difficult, nor irreversible. And it sounds great.

By all means, get some fun music and some kick-- (will be edited by the mommies of DCP) drill. Maybe Rob Billings of the Blue Knights (and Trooper alumnus) can be roped in; there's a guy who knows how to write drill!

Ya know what... think what you want. Maybe I'm old and have a sentimental spot for the Trooper Legend. But, if they have to change their uniforms, horns, staff, style,...EVERYTHING...so they won't BE the Long Blue Line anymore...take me out back, shoot me in the head, and kick me into a hole. For the love of God, is NOTHING sacred anymore? ^0^

The link to that uniform design is HERE

Two words...

EEEE-YUCK!

Stick with the classic!

Two words...

EEEE-YUCK!

Stick with the classic!

DITTO.

Why change something classic just for the sake of changing it? What's wrong with keeping the look?

Kel

One thing that the Troop could do, in my opinion, to really help themselves out with recruiting is hold their winter camps in Laramie or Ft. Collins, Colorado. As it stands, the most affordable way to get to Casper from most of the country is fly into Denver International, and make the almost 300 mile drive into the middle of nowhere. I've driven some friend's friends up there, and it's miserable.

If they were to move the camps to one of the afformentioned locations, they'd make the trip a lot more digestable for out-of-state recruits, plus have a presence in a larger population base than Casper. The Colorado front range has some pretty active marching band programs at the high school and college level, and not everyone can make the Blue Knights. Tapping into that would be great for the Troop.