iTunes versus APDs (Season Pass)

iTunes will convert the APDs to be playable in iTunes? do you need a special program for this, or do you just select the file through iTunes? When I open the APDs they just automatically open with windows media.

For Mac users you can download EasyWMA. For PC users you can download Media Monkey. Both will convert to MP3 and then you can import them directly into iTunes.

As we all know...Macs rule.

iTunes will convert the APDs to be playable in iTunes? do you need a special program for this, or do you just select the file through iTunes? When I open the APDs they just automatically open with windows media.

I've been able to drag and drop the file icons directly into my iTunes library through Windows.

I agree that it would be more convenient to have them as MP3s instead of WMAs... I believe it was originally set up that way for permissions verification. As far as I know, content authors can have a lot more control of their works through WMA than MP3. I'm not sure if they still verify permissions on the downloaded files, though. I don't think they do anymore.

One simple thing that I would appreciate would be for DCI to put a file up on Season Pass that would allow users to print a CD cover with the logo and corps information. That way, if I donwload and burn it on to a CD, I don't have to try to create something myself. Until my car, stereo, etc. are all coverted to MP3 players, I am still going to be using CD's. I'd rather not have a bunch of blank covers trying to figure out which disk I have for which year, and I certainly don;t have the time or computer graphics know how to create a cover (just a nerdy accountant here).

Granny, I'm calling you out. Tell us who you really are.

Ah, c'mon! Don't you think you should wait to call me out until I say something caustic or offensive? I don't believe in anonymity for the sake of being able to rage with no consequences. So, alas, I will for the time being remain Granny Smith.

I clicked on your username and found very little information about you. Perhaps I should call you out. Hmm?

Just think of me of as a sweet old grandma who loves children and wants them to have oodles of fun in drum and bugle corps. My favorite thing to do (besides knitting and watching The Young and the Restless) is to watch all those young'ins march so nicely on the field with their friends doing their very best for their teachers.