Audition suggestions?

So I'm really pumped for the 2007 season. I've never done drum corps but I really want to do it. I want to audition for a keyboard spot with SCV and/or Bk. Do any of you have any suggestion for a good marimba solo that is somewhere between intermediate and advanced skill levels?

I can't wait! Is it november yet?

-Sabrina Martin

2007 DCI hopeful

Hi Sabrina,

I'm not a pit person, but I just wanted to welcome you to DCP and hopefully soon, the drum corps family. Best of luck to you. I would suggest contacting the corps you are interested in and get an idea of what pieces would make for good audition sheets. I think you will find all corps very accommodating.

www.tapspace.com may have some good solos. I'm not too sure about the difficulties, I'm a brass person, but you cann try. :) Good luck to you!

So I'm really pumped for the 2007 season. I've never done drum corps but I really want to do it. I want to audition for a keyboard spot with SCV and/or Bk. Do any of you have any suggestion for a good marimba solo that is somewhere between intermediate and advanced skill levels?

I can't wait! Is it november yet?

-Sabrina Martin

2007 DCI hopeful

For SCV, there's a great pit book that they at least used to use, Jim Ancona and Casella's 'Up Front' that has a TON of information about their style as well as lots of exercises.

You can pick it up here: http://store.scvanguard.org/Up_Front_P22C53.cfm

It's a pretty big book, and well worth it, IMO.

For SCV, there's a great pit book that they at least used to use, Jim Ancona and Casella's 'Up Front' that has a TON of information about their style as well as lots of exercises.

You can pick it up here: http://store.scvanguard.org/Up_Front_P22C53.cfm

It's a pretty big book, and well worth it, IMO.

I highly recommend a high and tight, many pushups and going for the SCV cymbal line. Who in thier right mind wants to sit in the PIT???

I highly recommend a high and tight, many pushups and going for the SCV cymbal line. Who in thier right mind wants to sit in the PIT???

:worthy:

not that I was in the pit....but I've come to know/love a good many pit people..... and yeah..... I'm just not so sure about that.

Somebody who likes playing MARIMBA. :worthy:

Somebody who likes playing MARIMBA. :worthy:

They have straps for those things!!!

I'd like to see someone, ANYONE, carry around one of the current (Low F) marimbas that most corps use today. :worthy:

I would give anything to be able to even play a marimba, much less make a DCI pit on it.