The late great Boss - the real Boss.

Martybucs

I guess we all knew it would happen someday. I was a big fan of Maynard and was fortunate to meet him several times, mostly right after the show, but once he came out into the restaurant and I was able to have a short conversation with him. No one has ever given more to trumpet playing, (as much, yes, more, no). He was a kind, untiring inspiration to many a trumpet player young and old.

I'm going to listen to Newport Suite album now for the billionth time. (my favorite)

In 2003 for minicorps' the Erie TBIRDS show was titled.."The Essence Of Maynard Furgeson".

We had special T-Sirts made for that performance. I will wear it proudly at DCA 2006 in Rochester. Why? When we contacted Maynard regarding the "rights to perform" his answer was simple......(not an exact quote but something like) "Hey I think it's great....anytime you want to play my music you honor me....sure, go ahead...." Like I said .......not an exact quote but you get the idea.......

R.I.P.

RIP - when a couple of friends and I found out, we got out a live performance of his on DVD, taped in 1975, and watched some incredible playing. He will be missed.

"The Late Great REAL "Boss":

RIP Mr Furgeson. Gabriel will be playing "Second Horn" now that you are a member of the "Choir".

Elphaba

Is anybody else planning on going to the Tribute concert in St. Louis? Just curious if anybody wanted to get together for a drink.