Senior Year of High School Marching Corps?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the thing is, I was just throwing this out there, because my parents were asking about move-in and spring training. I just wanted to see what other people had done, and their advice.

I am 10 minutes away from the Cadets rehearsal site, but if they go to Spring Training in W. Virginia again, that would cost me money I don't have for flight. That's what I'm referring to.

I'm working very hard right now to get in. I have my audition material, and learning their different techniques than what I'm used to.

Just looking at my options.

What do your parents think of the idea of missing graduation? It's as much for them as it is for you, having gone through two with my kids.

If they are fine with it (really fine...not just faking 'fine'), then it's up to you to make the decision.

I graduated a looooong time ago....1971, when I marched with the Cadets. Our competive season had started already...the corps was attending the Shriners International in Toronto the weekend I graduated....along with about another 10-12 members from various HS in and around NJ.

I attended my grad ceremony, which was around 5'ish in the afternoon. After dinner my folks drove me to Garfield around 9:00 or 10:00 PM. A group of volunteers fored up a car pool for the 10-12 of us who had graduations, and we ended up drivig all night by the time we left....I remember arriving in Toronto at the corps site Saturday morning just as they were getting up for breakfast!