SCUM ROCHESTER

You might have had a problem getting the link above to work.

Try this one:

http://gulfcoastsound.org/scum

That should get you there. On that site, you can find music for Dixie and (hopefully soon) Mission Incontrable. There will also be a special surprise TAG. I will try to have music in Treble and Bass as well as G and BBb for all three tunes. Sorry I can't help with the Texas Clef. That whole concept still boggles my mind. But keep checking that GCS SCUM page for updates. I'll try to get as much transposed as possible and sent over to them to post up. If this meet & greet / throwdown is successful, maybe we can get something bigger and more official going in the future.

Can't wait!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I checked out the GCS/scum page.

Sounds fun. Already got Dixie downloaded and will work on converting it to Texas Clef.

I'll see if I can't get myself and the rest of Frontier's contra line to make an appearance.

For Dixie, the Bass Clef parts are already in Texas Clef (fingerings are just like on BBb tuba but played on G bugle... Bb, F = open, but the sound out of your horn is a C or G). I'll talk to our director - he wrote the arrangement, he can probably get the parts posted for the tuba guys to play along with...he's leading the caravan out to Rochester tomorrow evening, so he might not have the time though.

The Treble Clef parts are written with G=G, C=C, etc.

The recording from when we played this in Rockmart is on the same page as the music (the Multimedia tab on the left side), you just have to scroll down past the pics.

That recording should at most only be used as a guide to kind of follow along with...there was absolutely no prep that day, we passed the music out while lining up for retreat...hopefully we can sound better this Friday.

For Dixie, the Bass Clef parts are already in Texas Clef (fingerings are just like on BBb tuba but played on G bugle... Bb, F = open, but the sound out of your horn is a C or G). I'll talk to our director - he wrote the arrangement, he can probably get the parts posted for the tuba guys to play along with...he's leading the caravan out to Rochester tomorrow evening, so he might not have the time though.

The Treble Clef parts are written with G=G, C=C, etc.

The recording from when we played this in Rockmart is on the same page as the music (the Multimedia tab on the left side), you just have to scroll down past the pics.

That recording should at most only be used as a guide to kind of follow along with...there was absolutely no prep that day, we passed the music out while lining up for retreat...hopefully we can sound better this Friday.

ok .. im confused.. but its late, and im tired.. so i may be able to wrap my head around this in the morning, but Is there a standard G treble clef version of this ?

ill check back int he morning, and get it all posted to the kiltie contras.

Yes. The treble version on there is a standard G treble version.

Dixie and Mission Incontrable are on the website NOW!

If you are planning on playing with us, please go print the music and begin practicing it now. Especially Mission Incontrable. Not exactly an easy tune. We want to sound good.

Also, don't forget to pack your horn, music stand, and something to hold your music to the stand in case of wind.

See y'all on Friday.

There probably isn't a treble version of MI unless someone else transposed it. I just did the arrangement for fun and since I play bass clef that's what I did it in. Sorry, just didn't have time to transpose it.

There probably isn't a treble version of MI unless someone else transposed it. I just did the arrangement for fun and since I play bass clef that's what I did it in. Sorry, just didn't have time to transpose it.

kewl enough... I can prolly figure it out, being a sousy player , but i know a few who dont read bass clef.. ( yeah . i know.. weird isnt it?)

Ill think of somthing...

Friday, September 1st - The DCA Individual & Ensemble Contest will be held at the Riverside Convention Center and the Clarion Hotel. Start time for the event is 5:30 PM. We will be meeting at 5:00 PM to rehearse and get to know each other. We'll take a break around 6:15 so we can go watch I&E's and support the various competitors including the CV Contras, scheduled to perform at 7:35 in Venue 2. We'll meet back up around 7:45 so we can warm-up and get ready to move out. We'll descend on Venue 2 around 8:10, just as the Brass Ensembles should be finishing up.

5:00 - 6:15 Meet & Greet in front of the Clarion Hotel. (We'll meet there and then wander off somewhere to rehearse.)

6:15 - 7:45 Practice on your own, or watch I&E's. (CV Contras, scheduled to perform at 7:35 in Venue 2.)

7:45 - 8:00 Warm-up and work out any last-minute issues. Proceed to Venue 2 (on 2nd floor of Clarion Hotel.)

8:10 - 8:20 Take over the world.

Friday, September 1st - The DCA Individual & Ensemble Contest will be held at the Riverside Convention Center and the Clarion Hotel. Start time for the event is 5:30 PM. We will be meeting at 5:00 PM to rehearse and get to know each other. We'll take a break around 6:15 so we can go watch I&E's and support the various competitors including the CV Contras, scheduled to perform at 7:35 in Venue 2. We'll meet back up around 7:45 so we can warm-up and get ready to move out. We'll descend on Venue 2 around 8:10, just as the Brass Ensembles should be finishing up.

5:00 - 6:15 Meet & Greet in front of the Clarion Hotel. (We'll meet there and then wander off somewhere to rehearse.)

6:15 - 7:45 Practice on your own, or watch I&E's. (CV Contras, scheduled to perform at 7:35 in Venue 2.)

7:45 - 8:00 Warm-up and work out any last-minute issues. Proceed to Venue 2 (on 2nd floor of Clarion Hotel.)

8:10 - 8:20 Take over the world.

may be late due to our rehersal on friday afternoon... we will keep an eye out for ya..

leaving tonight.. see ya all there.