Longest reigning director ever

Mary Wilson, Founder, Director, and now Executive Director of the Bandettes; 43 years as director.

I knew Mary back when GPM use to tour and compete with them all the time.

A truely GREAT lady.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Bonfiglio, one of the founding fathers of DCI and from

September 26, 1967-was the unofficial birth date of the 27th Lancers to

August 1986...19 years. :)

Roman Blenski the Second, not RBJ, I assume? Hes been executive director since 1961 (when the corps was founded), and corps director this past season.

Edit: Obviously, that'd be 45 years.

The guy that wears the cool hat. If you EVER get a chance to talk with this man, do it. I really enjoyed getting to meet this man.

:sleep:

I'd say he wins.

Jim Costello was with Hawthorne from their inception in 1946 until his passing in the 1990s. I'm fairly sure that he was still with us in 1996 for their 50th anniversary.

Yes, he was- he died early in 2001. And he's still considered the director of the corps- his title is Director Emeritus.

http://www.cabs.org/staff.asp

If you're talking over all, I'm thinking Gail Royer, Jim Jones, and Don Warren would have to be close to the record.

I think the abve mentioned helped to invent the wheel, which was then fitted to the first bus, back in the stone ages. I think I toured on one of those buses.

Seriously, three legends, all missed...

Seriously, three legends, all missed...

Don't tell Don "The Old Man" Warren that he passed on. He just paid for a new pacemaker and I am sure he wants to get his money's worth.

Don't tell Don "The Old Man" Warren that he passed on. He just paid for a new pacemaker and I am sure he wants to get his money's worth.

At 50-years-old, I am now older than Don Warren was when he was known as "the old man" while I marched in the corps. And while I now look like a spry 30-year-old blessed with the dignity of wisdom and insight, he hasn't aged a day since then because he looked old then.

First name that came to my mind is Don Warren.

So Mary Wilson is winning, so far?

That's 25 with my face in the dirt. I totally forgot about that. From what I hear the kids practically worship her. :)

I wouldn't say worship, but I have no clue where we would be without her. She's like the ultimate mother to everyone.