Indianapolis

MCA

DCI announced its planned move to Indianapolis nearly a month ago, does anyone know if the Div II/III corps will be allowed to have their championship events at the Lucas Oil Stadium with the rest of DCI? I know there have been problems with this in the past, in 03 Div II/III prelims and semis were at a high school field, in 04 all Div II/III championship events were at a high school stadium as they were also in 05. Does anyone know if the agreement with DCI will allow for these corps to participate in that venue or will they be relegated to 2nd class facilities?

If I am not mistaken, I believe the plan for 2007 is to have prelims and semifinals at a college stadium and allow finals to be at the Rose Bowl on Saturday. Perhaps they will take the same organization to Indy?

a lot of where 2/3 is depends on the type of field. Lucas Oil Stadium will have a grass turf (fake grass that feels like the real thing... or is supposed to), so there's a good chance that 2/3 will be using the stadium as well, or will be given the option to use it for preliminary, semi-finals, and finals. However, it is the 2/3 BoDs decision (if the stadium is available for their use) on whether to use it, or use a smaller stadium.

a lot of where 2/3 is depends on the type of field. Lucas Oil Stadium will have a grass turf (fake grass that feels like the real thing... or is supposed to), so there's a good chance that 2/3 will be using the stadium as well, or will be given the option to use it for preliminary, semi-finals, and finals. However, it is the 2/3 BoDs decision (if the stadium is available for their use) on whether to use it, or use a smaller stadium.

If II/III is going to be at Lucas it will be a modified schedule. According to the DCI press conference in Indy, they get Lucas beginning Wednesday of Finals Week.

Another option is IUPUI's track/soccer stadium, just a few blocks away from where Lucas Oil Stadium will be. Now, there are a couple things that could make it a tricky venue to use- the pressbox is a bit off-center and there's a BIG 8-lane running track between the sidelines and the stands, which would probably have an effect on a lot of corps' sound.

However, it does hold 10,000 people, which none of the high schools in Indy can say.

Another option is IUPUI's track/soccer stadium, just a few blocks away from where Lucas Oil Stadium will be. Now, there are a couple things that could make it a tricky venue to use- the pressbox is a bit off-center and there's a BIG 8-lane running track between the sidelines and the stands, which would probably have an effect on a lot of corps' sound.

However, it does hold 10,000 people, which none of the high schools in Indy can say.

Do 10,000 people ever show up to Div. II/III finals?

Do 10,000 people ever show up to Div. II/III finals?

I was just thinking the same thing...

Do we... uh... really need a venue that can hold 10,000 fans?

I was just thinking the same thing...

Do we... uh... really need a venue that can hold 10,000 fans?

Hmm, by that logic, I suppose they don't need to be allowed anywhere near the big stadium either. Yeah, a little pissant school stadium somewhere out in a cornfield will do JUST fine for them.

<sarcasm off>

Edited by Galen