Mini-Corps Results

Overall all of the mini-corps did well from what I saw. Congrats to the first place corps, you guys deserved it, as for next year...well let's just say the Ghost Riders we got some work to do.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were no Shockwave or Cyberjam cast members in Star United.

A couple of members have been in Blast!, as well as Brass Theater, but all are members of the Star Alumni Association.

And as a BLAST-er that was asked to be a part of this amazing cast of characters, I must say how honored and blessed I am!

I have worked with some incredibly talented musicians, these guys are at the top of the list!

Thank you to all the kind words over the past day!

CONGRATS TO STAR UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

A big congratulations to Star United from your new friends at Minne-Brass!

It was great to hear the Star music and to hear it played so well.

Hope all of you come back again next year.

From what I was able to hear there were a lot of great groups this year. Renegade's

"Jazz Police" is still playing in my head. Great tune.

Mini-corps is awesome!

Yep. A great year for minis. It just wasn't that long ago that we were playing in a parking lot in the dark. Who'd a thought it'd come to this! Thank you DCA and thanks to everyone who performed.

Mike Covell

Contra - Ghost Riders

A great show all around and a great crowd response!!!!!...but(i may seem a little biased) for those of you in the crowd, does the 12 point gap between the Thunderbirds and the Ghostriders make much sense? The one advantage of going on first was that I got to watch everyone, I don't have any issues with the placements, I'm just really surprised at the giant score gap!!!

Edited by iloveto8va

Thankyou to all for the reception we received in Rochester. Most of us had never been to DCA or even seen a DCA corps before. We had no idea how we would be received playing the type of music we were doing and coming from where we hail from. The crowd response was beyond our wildest dreams and we were very honored to play for you all. Hopefully we will return next year, and hopefully with a full line this time. I am sure we will need it, for now our competitors have seen what we are all about. They will come better geared up and ready to throw one down.

To my Star United brothers it was a blast to play and hang out with you this weekend. Next time we know to bring rain gear, more adult beverages, and some serious air freshners for the vans. Special hugs to my mello brothers and sister, Julie, Chris, & Sean. Mello Power! To our new friends in the Renegades, it was a blast hanging out with you, competing against you, and helping with your pit Saturday. Thanks for extending a friendly EVIL hand and hope to see you next year.

StarUnited06small.jpg

Star-United-Crest200.jpg

Edited by mchromik