Capital Regiment Over?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as of right now there is no capital regiment website...and dci just posted a list of auditions for the fall and capital regiment isnt listed...doesnt sound promising

I just got sick to my stomach when I read that, David.

I realize that major upheaval like this takes time, but ANY kind of official update would be great.... a lot of us are really biting our fingernails. :(

Capital Regiment's director fed the corps cake and Ice Cream after the Columbus show and that was the only food they had ALL day and a lot got sick badly and DCI sent in someone to look over operations

NO they were not fed cake and ice cream after the Columbus show.....No one got sick after the colubus show.....It was NOT the only meal they had that day....so get your stories right before you go and start this kind of stuff.

I was working the food truck at this time...they had a very good dinner after the show in Columbus..

Please make sure you know the facts before you come on here and start telling lies.

Edited by et_hd_rider

When we start a topic...can we please not title the rumor as if its fact. I know a question mark was used but still...

I get really annoyed at seeing posts titled:

"Madison Scouts Folding?"

"Star fielding a corps this season?"

"George Hopkins stepping down?"

"Madonna marched Bridgemen?"

As for Capitol Regiment...I really hope things work out. They were making stellar progress.

I wish the OP would ask this thread to be closed. The problems of CR's summer

have been rehashed (and trashed) numerous times. I'm sure you can find all you need to know by doing a simple search.

Let's all just hope that positive things are happening and this fine corps will be on the field again in 2007. There are a lot of us pulling for you Capital Regiment.

"Madonna marched Bridgemen?"

I didn't know that. Wow..... :P

as of right now there is no capital regiment website...and dci just posted a list of auditions for the fall and capital regiment isnt listed...doesnt sound promising

Everything posted on the DCI.org website is not sacred. There are some top 12 corps and corps who ALWAYS field who do not show on that "list of auditions" list. If you want information on a specific corps, talk to people from that corps, or visit their sites. Sense Capital Regiment does not have a site right now, there are tons of members you can PM.

Well, being the drum corp participant and fan that I am, what are the results (short-term and long-term) of what happened with Capital Regiment this summer. I had a spot with Capital this summer but didn't have the money to back it up so I guess I avoided a bullet but does anyone know if they are going to field a corps next year? Any staff changes? What is the deal. I don't want to see the corps fold over because they are going to be on of the up and coming group of the future and messing that up now could possibly hurt the future.

Well, I didn't want to start WWIII in here but I really liked Capital Regiment's show. Something that I wished I would have done. I am just worried like most other people about the corps. I DO want all of the rumors and things that come up about the corps to end so that they can find a truce and get prepared for the 2007 season.

crap happened last summer...lets hope and hope again...that it is resolved and if CR tries to field...it doesnt result in anythhing like last summer

Please:::::::::::::If you do not know the facts, did not have a son or daughter in the Capital Regiment Corp. then do not put up information based on what you read. Rumors abound and rumors tend to downgrade anyone associated with the Corps. I know people who were and are associated with Capital Regiment, but I will not put any information up for others to take in the wrong context. I do know the members worked hard and put on a fine show, but the BS put on the sites hurts them attitude wise and no member needs this. What they need is encourgement and a big pat on the back for putting on a crowd pleasing show and gaining respect from residents of the towns they visited. The kids did a great job and were a pleasure to meet and talk with. Do not trash them anymore. If they have a Corp next year, you can bet they will be there doing what they like best and that is entertaining the crowd and showing the world they can make their parents and relatives proud of them. If you cannot say something good about someone, then say nothing at all.

Edited by aaron1863