Show Suggestions

Originally posted by Nex: Maybe I'm going crazy, but I could have sworn I heard "Quiero Vivir La Vida Amándote" (aka "I Want To Spend My Lifetime Loving You") in Crown 2000

No, it was "I Will Go With You (Con Te Partiro)."

Done by Donna Summer, Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman.

They sang part of it.

Edited by garfield_cadets

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Con Te Partiro "Time To Say Goodbye"?

It has been listed both ways...I think the literal translation is "Time To Say Goodbye."

Edited by garfield_cadets

I might be totally crazy, but for some reason I seem to remember that one of BAC's shows from the late 90s ('98?) was put together as a result of fan suggestions. Did that happen or am I imagining it?

If I remember right, Cavies took suggestions in '98 for their 50th, then threw them all out and went with the show they came up with. Bluecoats in '97 took a vote on one song, and got Autumn Leaves in there. And then Boston in '98 with Conquest.

I *think* those are the only three in recent memory.

Mike

Well either way, that was Boston 2000, not Crown

DOH! I was listening to Boston 2000 this morning, prolly why I was thinking of that!

Well, every year we have people suggest shows for corps (on DCP). I'd like to know if any corps has ever taken you up on your idea. Now, just so we get this straight, if you work for a "corps" and make a suggestion, we're not talking to you. Now, you can say "yes", but you better be able to back it up by showing us the post on DCP.

I'm pretty much anticipating crickets on this thread.

RM - the write stuff?

ampssuck

For several years I have submitted suggestions to some corps directors and program coordinators. Scott Stewart was especially receptive to several of my ideas and a few of them (much to my delight) ended up in the Scout's shows. For example: Khachaturian's Piano Concerto and The Gadfly for the 2000 Cossack show, Tall Ships Suite for the '97 The Pirates of Lake Mendota and Esprit de Corps for Southwind's closer in 2001. Howard Hanson's 2nd Symphony was my suggestion to Jim Casella in '01 and used the following year. I also sent Wayne Downey several recordings of Bernard Herrmann selections for BD's "Methods In Madness" program in 2000 to include the love theme from Fahrenheit 451.

If Cadets do a show called "Ports of Call", the idea and source music came from me and was sent to Hop a year ago. (no vocals or doors)