Alan Winslow - Prayers Needed

<Edit> Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2006

I drove to San Antonio today for visitation with Alan. One of his adopted sons was there with his wife and their little boy. They put Alan's Drum Corps Hall of Fame badge on his lapel as he requested. He TRULY loved drum corps! There will be a mass at 3 p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday) at Prince of Peace Catholic Church in San Antonio. The body will be cremated.

<Edit> Sept. 22, 2006

Alan Winslow passed away on Saturday, October 23, 2006.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums//ind...showtopic=87043

The services are Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, 9/26 & 27, at

Porter Loring Funeral Home, which is located at 1101 McCullough

Avenue, San Antonio, Texas, 78212. Their phone number is 210-227-8221.

<Original post> Sept. 10, 2006

Alan Winslow, a long time Drum Corps World photographer and former member of the Empire Statesmen (and a plethora of other corps in the Northeast) was diagnosed with colon cancer over a year ago. It had gone into remission but in recent months the condition has worsened. I just talked to him on the phone this morning and he sounded VERY weak. He is still at his home in San Antonio for the moment and his family is taking care of him. Your thoughts and prayers for Alan will be greatly appreciated.

I have Alan's email address (which he does not check often) and phone number if any of you would like to contact him.

Edited by Mark Time

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Winslow, a long time Drum Corps World photographer and former member of the Empire Statesmen (and a plethora of other corps in the Northeast) was diagnosed with colon cancer over a year ago. It had gone into remission but in recent months the condition has worsened. I just talked to him on the phone this morning and he sounded VERY weak. He is still at his home in San Antonio for the moment and his family is taking care of him. Your thoughts and prayers for Alan will be greatly appreciated.

I have Alan's email address (which he does not check often) and phone number if any of you would like to contact him.

Wow! This is such sad news..... I wish him all the best.

He's now in my thoughts and prayers. (sigh)

May I pass this along to more folks on the net? Feel free to contact me in email if you wish

NanciD@att.net

Best wishes.....

I spoke with him at great length at DCA... perhaps the trip was just too much for him, but I think we all know that if he could possibly be there - he would be... he was able to come because of new type of chemo he was on that allowed him to travel...

I hope that someone in Texas will keep all of us posted on his progress

Hang in there old friend

I spoke with him at great length at DCA... perhaps the trip was just too much for him, but I think we all know that if he could possibly be there - he would be... he was able to come because of new type of chemo he was on that allowed him to travel...

I hope that someone in Texas will keep all of us posted on his progress

Hang in there old friend

A hideous disease.

Sad news. About the greatest satisfaction in the performance of my 2006 duties was having a chance to work with Alan in obtaining drum corps photography. Alan came to my aid by providing several cds of his DCA images. His photo work is about as good as it gets. His kindness and willingness to help was comforting.

Originally not planning to attend Rochester due to his on again/off again illness, Alan was thrilled to tell me a couple weeks ago that his doctor encouraged him to attend. This championship meant so much to him as it brought him closer to the memory of his beloved Vince Bruni, an important influence throughout Alan's life.

I was pleased to see Alan in Rochester. It was brief, but the chaos created by the weather seemed to be reason I did not have chance to see him a second time. Alan dealt with, and beat, cancer before. I'm hopeful he has another victory ahead.

Get well soon, Alan. DCA needs you.

I was shocked to hear this news, as I have not seen Alan for some time and was not aware of his illness. We have been friends since 1967 when we first marched together, and kept in touch off and on for all these many years. Alan was so proud of his adopted sons, sending me photos and letting me know how they were progressing in life. He went out of his way to take photos of my wife and I in 2000 which I greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have a mailing address for sending a card and a note?

Thanks for the heads up Brent.Alan is an Associate member of the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame.

We were not aware of his diagnosis, nor his condition. The HOF will keep him in our prayers.

Please send me his email addy privately.

Thanks,