Too old school.

Depends on how it is arranged.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Too old school.

Oh come on! That's foot stompin' stuff! Ya gotta have that hillbilly in ya. Crowds eat that stuff up like ice cream. :)

Oh come on! That's foot stompin' stuff! Ya gotta have that hillbilly in ya. Crowds eat that stuff up like ice cream. :)

I saw the Madisn alumni on utube do it and it was great especialy the guy from the pit who jammed it out on the tamberine. everyone was clapping along. it was great. And speaking of hillbilly, do you think Ned Batey likes this song? :lol:

Thanks alot! I'm glad you liked it. I was that tambourine player. Playing in the MSARP was the most fun I've ever had playing!

I saw the Madisn alumni on utube do it and it was great especialy the guy from the pit who jammed it out on the tamberine. everyone was clapping along. it was great. And speaking of hillbilly, do you think Ned Batey likes this song? :lol:

For those who haven't seen the original it truely was two marching bell players "dueling". And for the day, having the change in march tempo from slow to haul ### was impressive.

What will they call it with all the marimibas in use today? "Mass Shootout Banjos" ^0^ :P

For it to have true effect, duelling banjos should be done by two contras.

Oh, I've been around. I remember 75' Madison, when they were the first ones to have the GUTS to attempt it. And that was with two tonal players who actually had to MARCH when they played. If that were played in today's pits with their amps and everything else they bring with them it would be awesome. I guess they just don't want to risk it. Too difficult.

Actually they were standing still while playing it, marking time.

It's really not that great a song anyway. If anything i would say it would be to SIMPLISTIC for today's multi-layered pit arranging.

Actually they were standing still while playing it, marking time.

It's really not that great a song anyway. If anything i would say it would be to SIMPLISTIC for today's multi-layered pit arranging.

That one really cracked me up :P