An APD Question

Does the Mac version of iTunes now automatically convert unprotected WMA files to MP3 format? That was a problem early on, I thought.

Does the Mac version of iTunes now automatically convert unprotected WMA files to MP3 format? That was a problem early on, I thought.

Newer versions of iTunes support WMA files:

Adding songs already on your computer

If you have MP3, AAC, or unprotected WMA files on your computer or backed up on a CD, you can easily add them to your iTunes Library at any time. Simply go to the File menu, choose Add to Library, find the files you want to add, and then click the Choose button. The files you choose will be added to your library, and if any files are unprotected WMA files, they will automatically be converted to AAC files. On a Windows computer, you can add an entire folder of files: choose File > Add Folder to Library.

(link)

See you admiring the new iPods,

- Greg

See you admiring the new iPods,

- Greg

Too bad Apple seems to have discontinued the education discount for iPods. :(

I've been looking at the voice recording add-ons for the 5G iPods. Not sure I'm ready to shell out $50-$90 for that option just yet, even though the recording quality was improved so much in the 5G iPods.