Recent Changes (no Retreat)

Debbie

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back full retreats by popular demand. It's a display of unified dicipline, marching and musical ability, sportsmanship, respect, and cammeraderie. Everything that Drum Corps is supposed to stand for.

Dare I say a little parity? Do you think the ability of the corps to have a more even practice schedule had anything to do with the multiple placement movements on Finals night? I have just wondered since that night.

Debbie

I'm not sure that it really adds too much rehearsal time that would make a significant difference. I would be in favor of having retreat at the big shows, but not every show.

From what I've heard here and from talking to people still in the activity, it doesn't sound like most corps are taking advantage of the extra time anyway.

Extra time? I haven't seen that much extra time since '04 when full retreats were taken out. Unless we're doing encore, the DM's are still out on the field waiting for scores, and by the time we get on the busses and start leaving, the corps that were actually doing encore were for the most part packed up and ready to leave. I'd speculate the lack of full retreats gives us an extra 20 to 30 minutes TOPS, which isn't really a substantial amount of time when it comes down to things.

From what I've heard here and from talking to people still in the activity, it doesn't sound like most corps are taking advantage of the extra time anyway.

IMHO, Blue Stars did take advantage of the extra time this season. They were out of the parking lot before retreat at most shows. And they did take advantage of this in terms of both rehearsal time and sleep time.

Edited by kansasDC

Extra time? I haven't seen that much extra time since '04 when full retreats were taken out. Unless we're doing encore, the DM's are still out on the field waiting for scores, and by the time we get on the busses and start leaving, the corps that were actually doing encore were for the most part packed up and ready to leave. I'd speculate the lack of full retreats gives us an extra 20 to 30 minutes TOPS, which isn't really a substantial amount of time when it comes down to things.

Exactly! That's the reason why they should bring back that tradition at least...

[/b]

Exactly! That's the reason why they should bring back that tradition at least...

I agree! As a member this past year, I would have loved to do a retreat...we didnt do any! I think thats a real shame. The closest to a retreat we did was the Champions Fanfare with a few different corps at the beginning of the season. If nothing else, have retreat for big shows as said earlier and at small shows where theres only 4-5 corps, as a bonus to the fans, especially in small towns to show the uniqueness of this activity.