Frontier announces 2007 Program

CSGreen

Frontier announces 2007 program

In 2007, Frontier is turning back the clock, almost 40 years. The year...1968. America was in a turbulent time. The Vietnam War caused violent opinions on both sides of the battle, and a multitude of emotion. Civil Rights battles reached new heights, and we lost one of it’s strongest and most vocal proponents… Martin Luther King, Jr. We also lost Robert Kennedy, and took one step closer to landing on the moon. Steppenwolf was rocking with Born to be Wild, and The Graduate was playing in the cinemas. The end of a decade was approaching, the tide was turning, America was changing, and music can tell it’s story. Drawing from the Broadway musical Hair, a piece written about the situation in Prague in 1968, the theme from a hit movie, a song by a legendary band (Blood Sweat and Tears) and performed by a legendary performer (our recent loss of Maynard Ferguson), and an anthem that has lived well beyond its initial popularity… 1968 isn’t a story, but merely a picture of life in the year 1968

Selections and Inspirations from:

Age of Aquarius from Hair

Music for Prague: 1968

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Spinning Wheel

Bridge Over Troubled Water

Born to Be Wild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmZOsysbBzE

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Chris!

Great Concept.

Rock On Frontier!

b**bs

Fantastic! Very unique....and no doubt it will be very emotionally moving!

Trully an unforgettable time in history....and some of the greatest music ever created was from this time!

BEST WISHES TO FRONTIER IN 2007!!!

Looks like 2007 is going to be truly awesome for Frontier! I remember 1968 and all those songs and events. I hope I can keep my composure when I hear the music. One question...Chris, what do know about 1968? Were you even born yet? :) Good tidings to you and all my Frontier friends in '07!

lol, I wasn't born yet, I was all of -8, lol

my parents were 9 and 8 respectively :)

But wikipedia rocks :)

LOVE IT!!!!!!!