NY Corps and when they folded

Gary... Go to page 554 on the old pictures thread. I posted an old picture of some of us X-LIKs

Mike, I added some more L.I. Kingsmens people photos on page 1289..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the exact year, but I remember competing against the LI Grenadiersin the early 80's....so I think they made it bit longer than 1979

I'm not totally sure about this, but the Grenadiers that were mentioned might be the Grenadiers from the Endicott, NY, area.

Fran

So what about the Lakeview Shoreliners. When I was in St. John's Girls we competed against them quite a bit and they were a junior corps.... I became good friends with a snare drummer, Emery Swan, who got drafted to Nam.... I heard later they went senior. What's up with their status? Anyone know?

So what about the Lakeview Shoreliners. When I was in St. John's Girls we competed against them quite a bit and they were a junior corps.... I became good friends with a snare drummer, Emery Swan, who got drafted to Nam.... I heard later they went senior. What's up with their status? Anyone know?

I dont know anything but......what a coincidence.......

EmerySwanLakeviewNam.jpg

We were rivals in Western NY. The Shoreliners merged with the 71st Lancers and became the Imperial Regiment. This was one fine corps with a great drum line. The corps had a rough go getting out to Denver for Championships and many lids had to call their parents to wire them money for a bus or plane ticket as the buses broke down. Sadly the folded. I was with them in the winter of 1978 but decided to go into the Army that summer. An underrated percussion writer was Marcia Fattey and an underrated brass arranger was her husband Craig.

I dont know anything but......what a coincidence.......

EmerySwanLakeviewNam.jpg

Wow thanks for that pic. Great find and taken by Bruce Lindsay -- another great name from that era. Emery sent me his pic in uniform from Fort Dix I believe... that's how he broke the news to me. We wrote back and forth while he was in Vietnam (I still have the letters which at time were extremely intense). When he got back from Nam he tracked me down but we really never saw each other again. So this is bringing back a flood of memories. Thanks for that.