Help with my Mac--Please

brigmello94

I recently upgraded my anti-virus and firewall software on my Mac at home. Since then, I have not been able to access the DCP forums on that computer. The error message reads:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/”.

The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011)

Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error

number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

I can access the forums through my PC at work (obviously, since I am able to post this), so I'm pretty sure the access problems are due to the security settings. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, what settings need to be adjusted/disabled in order to resume compatibility with the forums?

Feel free to PM if I need to provide more information...thanks in advance for any help!

I recently upgraded my anti-virus and firewall software on my Mac at home. Since then, I have not been able to access the DCP forums on that computer. The error message reads:

Safari can’t open the page “http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/”.

The error was: “bad server response” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1011)

Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error

number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

I can access the forums through my PC at work (obviously, since I am able to post this), so I'm pretty sure the access problems are due to the security settings. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, what settings need to be adjusted/disabled in order to resume compatibility with the forums?

Feel free to PM if I need to provide more information...thanks in advance for any help!

Have you tried downloading Firefox and using that browser to access DCP?

Normally, firewalls won't block responses to outgoing requests, but you could check your firewall to ensure that it's not set to block the drumcorpsplanet.com domain or the 64.38.28.150 IP address.

You could also try accessing marchingbandplanet.com and see if you get the same results.

Hi Jen...

Just curious, but why did you put in an anti-virus program an your Mac? I mean, I understand the obvious intent, but Macs generally aren't

susceptible to the same stuff PC's are, and in general, running an anti-virus program on a Mac is not necessary. I have an IMac4, which does have

PC capability with it's Intel Core Duo processor, but I have had little trouble. I might take that anti-virus out if everything was ok before you installed.

Safari can get most stuff, but you might need to download some other things like Windows Media Player for Macs and things like that...

You can also call your local Apple store and get some help on the phone from them... most of those folks are generally glad to help.

I put the anti-virus on the Mac when random characters started disappearing from the screen. For example, I'd enter in "brigmello94" to log into this site, but "brigme o94" would appear on the screen. Tech savvy as I am (not), I thought that might be a problem...it's fixed, now.

Thanks to both for the suggestions...I'll see if I can get something to work soon.