Americanos

that, or he knows what he's talking about.

~>conner

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't hold your breathe...I haven't heard good news out of Menasha for a long time.

From what I see nothing is being done in menasha. i recently emailed someone on the board, to see what was going on and havent heard anything. As for the drumline thing Tom is correct, AI has nothing to do with Pioneer. Pioneer has there own drumline now because the former instructors at AI are now with pioneer.

My honest opinon Nothing is coming out of menasha any time soon.

I'm not getting a website when I go to www.canos.org.

Thats right the canos.org is up for sale, if an organization was so worried about comming back out you would atleast think they would have renewed their domain name? Anyone interested in buying it???

ATTN AMERICANOS ALUMNI

*** NON ORGANIZATIONAL***

I am a former member of the Americanos Drum and Bugle corps, and I need your help. Currently there isnt any word coming out of menasha to weather there will ever be a drum corps again. As far as I know the organization is still up and running only to pay off its debts. To preseve the history of our corps, an Alumni Association needs to happen now. We need to perseve every last memory of our corps, and maybe some day bringing those memorys back to life by fielding a corps. The only thing we need right now is names. We need to build a data base of members, spread the word, and most importantly get to know eachother. I belive that if the corps had alumni support a few years ago the corps still might be around today.If any one is interested in helping please contact me.

Thank you

Edited by dcf06

The Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps is proud to announce the creation of Pioneer Indoor, Chicagoland’s newest indoor marching percussion ensemble!

With a change of sponsoring organization and building on the success of last year’s Americanos Indoor winter drumline (WGI Detroit Regional Percussion Independent A Champions), the core staff members all return and are excited to begin the 2007 season.

An informational meeting regarding the 2007 Pioneer Indoor winter drumline will be held on Tuesday, November 14th, at Romeoville High School. Parents and prospective members are encouraged to attend this meeting to obtain vital membership information. Percussionists and musicians of all ages are invited to attend the meeting and auditions.

What? Pioneer Indoor informational meeting

When? Tuesday, November 14, 7:00-8:30 pm

Where? Romeoville High School, Band Room

100 N. Independence Blvd.

Romeoville, IL 60446

Following the informational meeting, auditions and rehearsals will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:00 to 9:30 pm. There are also occasional Saturday rehearsals (about 2 a month). More information regarding the rehearsal and performance schedule will be available at the informational meeting.

For more information, please contact Adam Hill, Pioneer Indoor director, at pioneerindoor@gmail.com

As for the drumline thing Tom is correct, AI has nothing to do with Pioneer. Pioneer has there own drumline now because the former instructors at AI are now with pioneer.

Bingo

Adam is a great guy and a great instructor. No doubt in my mind he has a great staff in place.

Good Luck Pioneer Indoor

Edited by KiltieBD3

I guess. Maybe I just see things different being a member.

I agree, I am a member of AI/pio and it really is the same thing. Same staff, same returning core members, just a different name. Its the same orginization as an indoor drumline, but we just switched the parent orginization that supports us...

I agree, I am a member of AI/pio and it really is the same thing. Same staff, same returning core members, just a different name. Its the same orginization as an indoor drumline, but we just switched the parent orginization that supports us...

And that's why it is totally different. Parent organization = DOLLARS. Americanos spent money to support the indoor drumline last year. Fuel, bus and trailer, entry fees...DRUMS. I can't believe members are so blind to the actual cost of putting an organization together. The dues charged to members don't begin to account for all the money spent. There is in fact no AI any longer.

Now it may not seem any different from behind the instrument, but now Pioneer is paying the fuel, bus and trailer bills.