Magic's 2007 Info Meeting

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Magic are having the first meeting concerning 2007 at a bar. A Disney bar, but a bar none the less. Hmmmm :blink:

No. They're having the meeting at House of Blues which serves music and food along with alcohol not unlike numerous such gathering places all across the country. Surely all of us at one time in our lives enjoyed the food or the music or both at an establishment that sold alcohol without being unduly influenced by its availablity. Many of us did so with parents or other trusted adults when we were under age without violating the law or any personal moral code. This just isn't an issue. Better to wish Magic well in its recruiting and organizing efforts.

HH

We're not talking about a family restaurant that happens to have a liquor license here. We're talking about a patio outside of a restaurant that is clearly set up as a bar setting. Last time I checked, Magic was a youth organization, so a majority of the members are in fact under the age of 21. I have spent many a night enjoying an adult beverage on said patio. I'm just not sure I would choose this particular venue to organize an upcoming season of a youth organization. Especially if said youth organization had a somewhat tarnished image already. Besides the liquor factor, this place is right smack dab in the middle of one of the busiest tourist areas in the area. How do you conduct business in such an environment? Just seems like an odd choice to me. Not passing judgement, just making an observation.

I feel there are better places to hold a meeting of a youth organization but, I'm not party to the planning and arrangements that went into making the decision. Perhaps this was one of the only public places that made space available to the corps; perhaps someone involved with the corps works there or has ties to the establishment; perhaps it was felt that a high-profile location might attract interest....

what's it matter???

they're having the meeting.... which is what everyone wanted so they could have answers. Who cares where they have it?

:blink:

what's it matter???

they're having the meeting.... which is what everyone wanted so they could have answers. Who cares where they have it?

I think it has to do with corps board and design team are also suppose to not drink, smoke, eat, do drugs, etc.

Well, I hope they post the results of their meeting on the web site for those of us who can't travel to Disney to attend.

Seems to me that a lot of people were from outside the Orlando area. Even if you're in South Florida, I doubt you're

going to drive hours to attend a meeting in the middle of the week.

I think it has to do with corps board and design team are also suppose to not drink, smoke, eat, do drugs, etc.

I hope you're being sarcastic?

We're not talking about a family restaurant that happens to have a liquor license here.

...snip...

Not passing judgement, just making an observation.

But you are passing judgment. I'd say it's no more illegal nor inappropriate to invite youth to this venue than it is to your local family restaurant that happens to have a liquor license. I can't tell you what to think. But I'd urge all concerned to withhold the negative verdict until the meeting is over and we learn whether everyone behaved properly and conducted the corps' business in a manner we'd expect.

HH